Home

Taxi Driver

Posted By: Researcher

Taxi Driver - 06/30/04 11:09 PM

I know this isn't a mob movie, but I'm pretty curious anyhow...I read on Imdb that in Taxi Driver, for some of the more "explicit scenes", Jodie Foster's sister, Connie, was used as a double...I was wondering, what exactly are those scenes? I didn't notice any really explicit scenes in the movie at all...
Posted By: ScarfaceRH

Re: Taxi Driver - 06/30/04 11:49 PM

I believe one of them might be the scene were Travis and Iris are in the hotel room and she is down on her knees undoing his pants.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Taxi Driver - 07/01/04 03:13 AM

I think another one is where you see her shoulder in the room. :rolleyes: There really is nothing too bad.
Posted By: Researcher

Re: Taxi Driver - 07/01/04 03:56 PM

Wow, a girl coming ever so slightly close to undoing a pair of trousers, how shockingly explicit. How can they get away with such filth?
Yeah I can understand the shoulder bit, after all, when was the last time anyone saw a girl's shoulder revealed in public?

The whole hiring in Connie Foster seems to me a bit over the top...
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Taxi Driver - 07/01/04 04:23 PM

Yeah but the critics and the MPAA love to pick at these things. Thats proboblly why they did it.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Taxi Driver - 07/01/04 06:22 PM

I think I saw on the making of Taxi Driver that her sister was used in the dancing scene with Sport, where he's reciting a Barry White song to her.
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Taxi Driver - 07/01/04 06:24 PM

Jodie Foster was born in 1962 which would have made her 13 or 14 years old when she made Taxi Driver. Even today, I think most people would object to having a 14-year-old girl perform certain scenes in that movie based on what the script called for. Her sister, Connie, was 21 when the movie was filmed.

tony b.
Posted By: Patches

Re: Taxi Driver - 07/01/04 06:24 PM

Yeah, I saw that too. Guys, check out the documentary on the DVD.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Taxi Driver - 07/01/04 09:55 PM

My understanding of it, (from reading John Baxter's biography of De Niro) is that Jody Foster herself was the one who wanted her sister to do the scenes, as playing such a young whore doing such things so comfortably was hard for her to take.

Mick

Re: Taxi Driver - 08/04/04 06:48 PM

Sorry to bump this but:

This is probably a blond question, but what is moonlighting? The guy never answered Travis, and its bugging me trying to figure it out. You guys are smart so what is it?
Posted By: ScarfaceRH

Re: Taxi Driver - 08/04/04 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patches:
Sorry to bump this but:

This is probably a blond question, but what is moonlighting? The guy never answered Travis, and its bugging me trying to figure it out. You guys are smart so what is it?
Moonlighting is when someone works at another job in addition to their full-time job.

Re: Taxi Driver - 08/05/04 08:06 PM

Thanks! Goodness, I would have never guessed that.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET