Home

Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July

Posted By: Nick. V

Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/18/03 04:36 AM

"In July Michael Mann's critically acclaimed cult classic Heat starring Robert De Niro and Al Pacino gets even hotter on a two-disc special edition. The most eagerly anticipated release of the year however will surely be the two-disc special edition DVD of Goodfellas with extensive input from Martin Scorsese alongside his films After Hours, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore and Who's That Knocking at my Door? currently planned for September."

Link: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=6307
Posted By: Johnny Tightlips

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/18/03 08:16 PM

nice!!! can't wait for goodfellas.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/18/03 08:28 PM

I can't wait for both releases, thanks for the info.
Posted By: The Ant

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/19/03 01:09 AM

that's good news, thanks.
Posted By: tripwire

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/20/03 08:10 PM

I was just wondering about this. Grazie!
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/25/03 06:28 PM

Heat is a perfect movie. But what do they want to do with the SE. Commentary of producer etc? And put in a few extra scenes. Can't imagine there is much more extra on it. But I'll wait, and certainly buy it. I like this movie.

BTW Does somebody know whether there is a Deer Hunter SE or not? Thx for help.
Posted By: Rota

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/25/03 10:36 PM

There IS a Deer Hunter SE that's available in Europe and contains an exclusive commentary by director Michael Cimino. Too bad it won't ever be released in the U.S.

Also, I knew about this news for quite some time, though still have a bit of a hard time believing it. I'll most likely dismiss it as a rumor for now (the news first appeared on a UK rumor site to begin with).
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/26/03 01:45 PM

Mmmm, then I've to ask around a bit more. I've been in many stores but they didn't even sell the normal edition of Deerhunter.
Posted By: PersianMafia

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/28/03 07:41 AM

are these gonna be boxed sets, or are they just gonna have the normal boring plastic boxes?
Posted By: Rota

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/28/03 04:36 PM

Floors, if you have a Region 2 player, then why don't you just order it from here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009QNW8/ref=sr_aps_dvd_1_1/202-8095311-7351069
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 12/31/03 03:39 PM

Actually Fellas, I think I may have seen a Deer Hunter Special Edition, I know I have seen many different VHS and DVD boxes, although I only saw one of them yesterday (I just bought the VHS from K-Mart).

P.S. I am not sure about a Special Edition but I just thought I remembered seeing one.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Heat and Goodfellas Special Editions in July - 01/11/04 07:22 AM

Fin-the fuck-ally. I've been waiting forever for GoodFellas. And I already got Heat on DVD, now I gotta rebuy it. Ugh.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET