Home

Road to Perdition

Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Road to Perdition - 11/16/03 06:18 PM

what do you think about Road to Perdition?

I just finished watching it. I liked it, but if you've already watched The Godfather, another family drama must be very good to make some impact on you, and RTP is just OK.
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/16/03 06:40 PM

I don't see how your opinion about Road to Perdition can be affected by The Godfather if you say it's a family drama, because other than a really small similar setting - the mafia - these movies have little in common many other films does not have as well.

It's a father-son lovestory, albeit different from the Vito-Michael one, which you can see in romantic comedies, crime films, even superhero movies.

Road to Perdition to me is a visual movie. The cinematography is fantastic, the settings and costumes in modest greenish tint, and the score...ahh the score... beautiful. It helps three acclaimed actors are in the lead, and all of these elements for the senses make up for the shallow story, which is like I said nothing more but a fahter-son relationship. It just happens to be connected with the mob.

8/10

{this is what I'm talking about..beautiful)
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/16/03 07:38 PM

I loved this fillm. "Im glad it was you." POW POW POW POW!!!!!! I think Tom Hanks was over looked for an oscar in this movie. very good acting on his part, as well as Jude Law as the eccentric hitman.

9/10
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/16/03 09:07 PM

I didn't say Road to Perdition is the same thing than Godfather I just think they are related because them both are about family. and I didn't like it as you do. I don't know why, it was just an OK movie for me.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/16/03 09:34 PM

It was unnecessarily slow, which was its major fault. Other than that, some good performances and excellent cinematography capturing Prohibition USA, make this a plausible film.

7/10.

Mick
Posted By: Disaffected

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/16/03 10:16 PM

I love this movie! I really wanna read the book by Max Allen Collins but everytime I go to Barnes and Nobles I can't find it.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/17/03 01:02 AM

Beautiful Music and Cinematography...

Great Acting. No Loose ends ANY WHERE!

Another Robbed film a t the Oscars.

9.5/10
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/17/03 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Disaffected:
I love this movie! I really wanna read the book by Max Allen Collins but everytime I go to Barnes and Nobles I can't find it.
Disaffected, keep in mind that the book is actually a graphic novel. A comicbook. It's really interesting though, and gives out a lot of information. It's also pretty different from the movie. Really great book though.

About the movie - I think it's brilliant. And I've said that on many threads. Perfect, in my opinion. The Rain Scene. Don't get me started.

It's way up there in my favorites

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/17/03 03:48 AM

I hate it when the film is categorized as a crime film.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/17/03 05:32 AM

I came out exactly where Mick did: nicely photographed, good production, too slow. 7/10.

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/17/03 08:54 PM

I thought it ran Extremley smothly

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/22/03 09:34 PM

Who saw the Deleted Scene with Capone talking to Nitti, bitching about Mike Sullivan?
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/23/03 05:23 AM

I like this movie a lot and I enjoy the stunning visuals and cinematography of the movie, as some of the fight scenes and other scenes just had great camera movement and angle. I thought the time of the period was captured greatly. I would consider this as a mob film, as it deals with a hitman working in organized crime. I also found comfort that it was a movie me and my mom can stand to watch together, as I say this because she passed away recently.
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Road to Perdition - 11/28/03 06:21 AM

it was a good movie, i saw in the theatres awhile ago. i cant remember too much of it.
Posted By: ed crane

Re: Road to Perdition - 12/19/03 12:39 AM

very good cinematography but ultimately empty and uninvolving.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET