Home

Carlito's Way Special Edition

Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/05/03 02:11 AM

Hey people. I don't know if this was posted, but i went in Suncoast today and they had the special edition of Carlito's Way. I knew it was due sometime around now, so i don't know how long its been out. Just figured I'd give a heads up to anyone who, like me, may have forgot about it.
Posted By: PersianMafia

Re: Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/11/03 05:56 AM

is it a boxed set, or just a normal looking dvd??? i really want to get it, but id prefer a box set, do you think they will release a box set for Carlito's Way, or is it not "classic" enough???
Posted By: PappaGiorgio

Re: Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/11/03 07:34 AM

it's a Collector's Edition. I too would like to see a box set for Carlito's Way but I highly doubt that it will happen since it isn't popular like Scarface. Terrific movie by the way!
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/11/03 11:01 AM

I usually post the picture of it, but I couldn't find a picture of the new picture. The only immediate difference I saw cover wise, was there was a blue strip across the top that said "Special Edition". Its cool, they have like interviews with Bryan Depalma and stuff on the making of Carlito's Way.

As far as a box set, as much as I'd like to see that too, It'll never happen. They wouldn't make a big enough return on it. The dvd menu is interactive so its pretty cool. Plus it's cheaper than the previous dvd release which usually ran for like 24.99 wherever I saw it. I bought the special edition at Suncoast for 19.99.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/11/03 09:35 PM

I saw it in Walmart. They are also having a package deal on Carlito's Way and Mobsters. They come in a two pack.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/11/03 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
I saw it in Walmart. They are also having a package deal on Carlito's Way and Mobsters. They come in a two pack.
Where at?
Posted By: PappaGiorgio

Re: Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/11/03 10:05 PM

I got mine at Walmart too for $15. BTW, it says Collector's Edition on the blue strip. I don't know why your's say "Special Edition". Why is this movie not very popular? By far, De Palma's best movie.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/11/03 10:08 PM

Are you sure you should say that?

Scarface?

I hope you just "FORGOT" that...
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Carlito's Way Special Edition - 10/12/03 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PappaGiorgio:
I got mine at Walmart too for $15. BTW, it says Collector's Edition on the blue strip. I don't know why your's say "Special Edition". Why is this movie not very popular? By far, De Palma's best movie.
The older version is the Collectors Edition. The newer one the Special Edition. Carlito's Way used to retail for $21.95 but has dropped in price over the years.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET