Home

Elmore Leonard

Posted By: Zasa

Elmore Leonard - 09/16/03 12:44 AM

Anybody else love this guy? He weaves a story so brilliantly, i can picture it perfectly. The man has a knack for writing cinematic books, i tell ya. Check him out, expecially Tishomongo Blues
Posted By: thug

Re: Elmore Leonard - 09/16/03 12:59 AM

I've never read any books of his, but Tarantino's Jackie Brown, based upon Rum Punch is an amazing movie, almost better than Pulp Fiction.

[img]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0119396/5[/img]
Posted By: Cross De Lena

Re: Elmore Leonard - 09/17/03 03:50 PM

Yeah - I almost chose Chili Palmer as my Displayed Name, but there were no pictures of Travolta for an avatar. Chili is the man!
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Elmore Leonard - 09/23/03 12:18 AM

I agree, Elmore Leonard is incredible. The first time I'd heard of him, someone gave me the book 'Out of Sight' which I really enjoyed. I did a little research and found out he wrote Get Shorty! Even better! I later realized Out of Sight was turned into a movie, but I didn't care for it. I also read The Switch, about the same two characters as from Jackie Brown-- Louis Gara and Ordell Robbie, aka DeNiro and Samuel L. Jackson. The book takes place long before Jackie Brown. ANYWAY, There are so many, I want to read more. Which ones do you recommend?
Posted By: Zasa

Re: Elmore Leonard - 09/24/03 11:29 PM

I recomend Tishomingo Blues for sure, great read, great characters, great convo, great everything! Also Killshot is my absolutle favorite of his. Man, what a great author.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Elmore Leonard - 09/25/03 12:23 AM

Elmore Leonard's novels are always worth reading. He's one of the best.
I also recommend two novels of the eminent crime writer George V. Higgins: "The Friends of Eddie Coyle" and "The Digger's Game."
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Elmore Leonard - 09/25/03 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Elmore Leonard's novels are always worth reading. He's one of the best.
I also recommend two novels of the eminent crime writer George V. Higgins: "The Friends of Eddie Coyle" and "The Digger's Game."
Is his style of writing anything like Elmore Leonard?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Elmore Leonard - 09/25/03 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blibbleblabble:
[quote]Originally posted by Turnbull:
[b] Elmore Leonard's novels are always worth reading. He's one of the best.
Is his style of writing anything like Elmore Leonard? [/b][/quote]No. Higgins was a master of dialog, and he used more dialog than nearly all other writers. His work was once described as "spitting bullets."
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET