Home

Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather

Posted By: Nick. V

Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather - 07/15/03 09:43 PM

Posted on Fri, Jul. 11, 2003

Pacino may play Mafia type again ZAP2IT.COM

Al Pacino may be getting mobbed up yet again.

The Oscar-winning actor, whose career has been defined by several mobster roles beginning with The Godfather, is in discussions with MGM to star as a Mafia boss in a movie called Don Cornelius, according to the Hollywood Reporter. This time around, though, the mob backdrop is played for laughs.

The story centers on an accountant with an everyday suburban life. He's thrust into the world of organized crime after his biological father (the role earmarked for Pacino), a New York mob boss, becomes the target of a hit.

No offer has been made to Pacino yet; the studio and his agents are reportedly at odds over his fee.

In addition to the Godfather trilogy, Pacino has played criminal types in Scarface, Carlito's Way and Donnie Brasco. He has a cameo in the forthcoming Gigli, starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, and will star in HBO's Angels in America later this year.

Nick Guthe wrote the script for Don Cornelius, which apparently has no connection with the longtime Soul Train host. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Tierre Turner are on board as producers, along with Tollin/Robbins Productions.

While this role might not be large, it would still be nice to see Pacino reprise his godfather role. I have to say Pacino looked just as cool as De Niro did in Heat, in the upcoming Gigli. To bad we want see him shoot Affleck, since the ending has been changed.
Posted By: Johnny Tightlips

Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather - 08/16/03 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Omerta_Kosmos:
Sounds good
If you like Mafia comedies, you should check out Mafia!, one of the funniest movies ever!
actually that movie kind of sucked.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather - 08/16/03 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips:
[quote]Originally posted by Omerta_Kosmos:
[b] Sounds good
If you like Mafia comedies, you should check out Mafia!, one of the funniest movies ever!
actually that movie kind of sucked. [/b][/quote]You nuts?

That was FUNNY!
Posted By: PappaGiorgio

Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather - 08/27/03 11:25 PM

I don't see him doing this movie. Just not his style, unless they make him an offer he can't refuse.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick. V:
To bad we want see him shoot Affleck, since the ending has been changed.
I would have love to see Pacino do a Tony Montana shooting on that punk Affleck.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather - 08/28/03 12:16 AM

To tell you guys the truth,if Al's gonna play a mob figure again, it should be SERIOUS. Not some comedic imitation OF a gangster, you know what I mean? It's just overplayed and if the Analyze movies are there, they should just leave it at that. I don't know, just my opinion.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather - 08/28/03 09:21 PM

well we all know theres most likely going to be another godfather film.
Posted By: Don Mataya

Re: Pacino Reprising his role as the Godfather, But not in The Godfather - 08/28/03 11:32 PM

They will most likely NOT make a GFIV. When Puzo died it diminished its chances. Plus I didnt want another GF movie. And also, if they were to make a GFIV, Pacino would not be in it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET