Home

Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st

Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 06/25/03 05:22 PM

I never saw it in the theaters, but I'm going to just buy the dvd next tuesday. Anybody else waiting to get this title?

Posted By: Chancre

Re: Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 06/26/03 09:23 PM

Cameron Diaz has a snazzy lookin mustache on that cover. Charlie's Angel my ass!!
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 06/26/03 10:40 PM

Butcher Bill sure "stole" that movie. The film is very historically "correct" and if all goes well I will purchase it at some point.

We had to study NYC history as kids, so I KNOW almost all of the movie with the exception of the love story was accurate.

The Discovery Channel had a special show that proved that even the gangs' names, the fire house rivalries, the woman with the long nails and Butcher Bill were authentic.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 06/27/03 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chancre:
Cameron Diaz has a snazzy lookin mustache on that cover. Charlie's Angel my ass!!
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 06/27/03 05:39 PM

Yes, I will be buying this on DVD, can't wait for it. Not an amazing film, but pretty damn good. The ending left alot to be desired too.
Posted By: UK_Don

Re: Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 06/28/03 03:57 PM

Lungo,

If you have a multi region player, go to http://www.playusa.com and order it. It is cheaper (£15.99 i think) than it will be when it comes out in the UK and you can get it next week!

No postage and packing, either.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 07/01/03 04:46 AM

I rented the DVD and watched it tonight. I liked it even better this time than when I saw it in the movie theater. A huge, sprawling, eye-popping epic. The lack of subtletly and occasional slow passages are more than made up for by Daniel Day-Lewis's, Jim Broadbent and Brendan Gleeson's performances. DiCaprio goes a decent job. The DVD also has DTS as well as Dolby 5.1 sound. DTS is definitely superior.
Posted By: ScarfaceRH

Re: Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 07/01/03 05:27 AM

i never saw this movie-is it good enough to buy without seeing? it looks pretty good and someone i know saw some of it and said it was good.
Posted By: skaggerratt

Re: Gangs of New York on dvd July 1st - 07/01/03 11:38 PM

i just bought my copy today (the release date) at circut city for 15.99 (The best price i can find. I never saw it, but based on the reviews of the film as well as the awards won for it, (and no need to mention that is was a Scorsese film) i will be adding it to my collection.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET