Home

CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor

Posted By: joltinjoe05

CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor - 03/16/03 08:27 PM

Looks very cool. I'll be checking it out. 9ET,8CT

http://www.cbs.com/specials/mafia_doctor/

This new television movie, inspired by actual events, tells the story of a man who is caught between living his dream as a successful surgeon and secretly working for the Mafia.

Growing up on the streets of New Jersey, Frank Siena (Danny Nucci), the son of a construction foreman, and his best friend, Danny Keegan (Jonathan Scarfe), are mesmerized by the lavish Mafia way of life that surrounds them. Knowing that he could never afford to pursue his dream of becoming a doctor, Frank, along with Danny, begins to fall prey to that way of life.

The reality of that dangerous life quickly becomes apparent when the domineering mob boss, Nicola Dellarusso (Paul Sorvino), sends Danny to execute a hit on Frank's father. When Frank learns of the situation, he makes a deal with Nicola to work for him for the rest of his life in exchange for his father's life. His future takes an unexpected turn when Nicola decides not to kill Frank, but to send him to medical school in Italy with the promise that when he returns, he will be the doctor for "the family."

Although Frank succeeds at becoming a gifted cardiac surgeon and quickly becomes a greatly respected doctor at a prestigious hospital, he knows that it comes with a price. No longer able to live with the pressure of leading a double life, Frank knows that he must take desperate measures to escape the Mafia. Olympia Dukakis plays Nicola's dying wife, Rose, who is Frank's patient.
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor - 03/16/03 10:40 PM

Thank you joe!!! I've been itching for a new mob flick. Paul Sorvino and Olympia Dukakis are pretty good. If the plot (teleplay) is as good as the cast, it should be good!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor - 03/17/03 02:23 AM

I saw previews also of this movie. I thought it looked pretty good as well. However the review of it in the tv guide is not good. Yet, I am still going to check it out, since I don't always agree with critics. Like BK, I too am itching for a good mafia film. It's worth the time to check it out.

TIS

PS: I watched the previews on that link you provided after this post, and just want to comment that it does look better than even the short part I saw on tv. David Nucci (the doctor) it says was in the Titanic (I assume the Italian guy that was with Leo.) I had not heard of him before and wanted to see what else he was in.
Posted By: TonyZarelli

Re: CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor - 03/17/03 03:34 AM

i'm not watching it cause Alias and Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Dragnet and Boomtown are on.

But to everyone who saw it, post here and tell me how it was!
Posted By: TonyZarelli

Re: CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor - 03/18/03 03:27 AM

(this is the part where you tell me how it was)
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor - 03/22/03 04:27 AM

Ahh, it was okay I guess. Some fake stuff with the doctors surgery and the camera made we dizzy. But it was intresting. All mob movies arte intresting though. I wouldn't buy it if it came out on DVD or anything.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor - 03/22/03 04:34 AM

I too saw it. It wasn't bad I guess and it did keep my interest! The cast was pretty good and the story was ok, but nothing exceptional.

Let's face it, after the GF movies it seems everything else is mediocre.

TIS
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: CBS Movie: The Mafia Doctor - 03/22/03 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Let's face it, after the GF movies it seems everything else is mediocre.

TIS
right TIS paisan. they can do nothing on the Godfather, the Ultimate mafia movie and recently named "The Best of The Best Movie of All Time".

GoodFella
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET