Home

Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition

Posted By: Lucky_Luciano

Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/26/03 07:47 PM

Which is the better film to you?

Vote!
Posted By: CorleoneChick

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/27/03 12:04 AM

I voted RTP. Not sure why. I LOVED Gangs...but I saw RTP like 5 times in the theaters. Of course, that was BEFORE my Scorsese/gangster obsession. I thought Gangs was a tad long, and didn't quite match up with Scorsese's other landmark films.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/27/03 12:45 AM

GONY.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/27/03 03:58 AM

I loved Gangs but RTP goes to the Prohibition Era, one of my favorites.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/27/03 08:10 AM

How was "Gangs of NY" anyway? I wanted to see it because it was a Martin Scorcese film, but I didn't want to see it because it had Leo Dicaprio.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/27/03 08:29 AM

Well, I was a bit disappointed with GoNY, and though I hate DiCrapio's modern films, I can't even blame it on him... I don't know... it just didn't move me...

I haven't seen RtP yet... but it has to be better I'd think...

JG

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/27/03 11:04 AM

I like Road to Perdition and i'm going to buy it as soon as i can. I'm not sure if you should buy it, but i'd suggest to make it a Blockbuster night, though! =)
Posted By: Don Mikey

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/27/03 04:15 PM

My vote also goes to Road to Perdition. I'm in agreement with DonFerro, you have to love the Prohibition Era. Overall, I just think it was a better movie than Gangs of New York... though maybe this has something to do with the fact that I can't look at Leonardo DiCaprio without remembering all those times I've been forced to watch Titanic.

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/27/03 06:05 PM

Don Mikey "you understand everything!"
Posted By: Lucky_Luciano

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/28/03 05:02 AM

My vote goes to Road to Perdition. s;
Posted By: TonySoprano

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/28/03 04:19 PM

Ah a nice topic

IMO i would say GoNY, it has to be one of my favorite movies in a long while, its got everything a good movie needs, although a lot of ppl disliked the ending i thought it would be better to have done what they did rather than a "The Patriot" Style simplistic ending involving a brutal fight to the death, instead Scorcese decided to show the irony of the American soldiers being the ones to disband the gangs.

Road To Perdition. An awesome movie, but really how clichewas it... Bad guy strikes good guy, good guy strikes back. Good guy in the end wins but with the cost of his life. Like i said a good movie but theres nothing there i couldnt of seen comming. Nothing special in the acting neither. Daniel Day-Lewis's performance made GoNY brilliant.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 02/28/03 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TonySoprano:
Road To Perdition... Like i said theres nothing there i couldnt of seen comming.
What, exactly, happened in GONY that you didn't see coming? For me, ROAD TO PERDITION all the way.
I'll admit to possibly BEING prejudiced by the fact that I saw it with my 14 year old son, and thought it was the beast father-son film we'd seen together since BRONX TALE.
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 03/01/03 01:51 AM

GONY, like Anthony has said, it was made by God
Posted By: TonySoprano

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 03/01/03 06:27 AM

Both movies had similar plots but GoNY went about it the right way. No one would have predicted Amsterdam getting so close to Bill the butcher to the point where it was so difficult to kill him. Most if not everyone would of predicted both of the gangs to fight in an all out gory scene in the end, but instead Scorcese made quick work of that and did something else much more unlike the norm which made it less entertaining but a better movie all in all (above post).
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 03/01/03 07:23 AM

Daniel Day Lewis performance in Gangs Of New York made Pacino's performace in Scarface...

Well... I liked Daniel Day playing Bill The Butcher more then i liked Pacino playing Tony Montana. Because i thought; Bill was a cooler character; and unarguably: more badass.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 03/02/03 06:18 AM

both movies were just an ok movie, IMO. its wirth watching and that's it. i don't see them become a classic movie in the future like the Godfather, Scarface, GoodFellas etc. . .
Guineapig paisan, bring back your old avatar.

GoodFella
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 03/02/03 07:41 AM

Hey Fella. Someday; perhaps.
how have you been?
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Gangs of New York Vs. Road to Perdition - 03/02/03 07:46 AM

fine Guineapig paisan. but not having a good time in the witness protection.

GoodFella
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET