Home

Favourite Brando film, other than GF.

Posted By: the angel of justice

Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 12/30/02 04:54 PM

I've been watching lots of early Brando films and was just wondering what is everyone's favourite Brando film?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 12/30/02 04:59 PM

On the Waterfront. the best
Posted By: THe ProFeSSioNaL

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 12/30/02 05:04 PM

Yea Waterfront was his best next to The Godfather..
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/02/03 07:24 PM

My favorite and what I think is his best work of his early films is in "A Streetcar Named Desire" as Stanley Kowalski. The greatest acting performance ever in film. The most raw, realistic, yet sensitive and intense performance.

Ebert pointed out a little detail of Brando, notice when Stanley is telling Stella about Blanche's involvement w/ a student...while he is bad-mouthing Stella's sister...he still shows his gentle side and picks a lint ball off of her sweater and throws it to the side.

I love his attention to detail at Blanche's b-day dinner. Where Stanley smashes and throws the plate...while going off at the women, he is still chewing his chicken. And, in a close up, you can see the chicken bits on his lips while speaking. Fabulou!

It was the first performance of its kind in film. It brought Method acting to the forefront. The one that inspired and paved the way for De Niro, Pacino, etc.

Brando was brilliant in "On the Waterfront," "the Men", "Viva Zapata," and "Julius Caesar." His role as Marc Anthony was the hardest for him.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/02/03 07:35 PM

On The Waterfront... Definately his best after The Godfather.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/02/03 07:56 PM

I would say Apocalypse Now. Congrats on the star Anthony.

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/02/03 08:03 PM

Thanks, Paul! Oh, yes... And I seem to have lost your screen name on AOL. Hit me up on my SN--PulpFiction217 so we can talk again...
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/02/03 08:38 PM

i only saw the movie The Score and Apocalypse Now on your list, so i voted for Apocalypse Now.
> Congrats on your STAR bro!

GoodFella
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/02/03 08:40 PM

Little Anthony got a "star"!! congratulations!!! See how time flies by when you are having fun???

TIS

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/02/03 08:43 PM

Thanks, bro! Thanks, TIS! And you're right! Time does fly... This place is way more fun than the other forum I go to.
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/02/03 10:06 PM

Apocalypse Now, haven't seen Streetcar Named Desire or On the Waterfront
Posted By: THe ProFeSSioNaL

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/03/03 08:48 PM

I never seen Apocalypse Now..Is it good
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/04/03 07:07 AM

if you're the kindof person who can take a lot of death. It shows the horrors of the Vietnam War pretty much.
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/12/03 01:23 AM

waterfront and last Tango in Paris

I thought A. Now was a great movie. But i don't think Brando was instrumental in making it a great movie. Brando's was so-so because his screen time was very brief and he seems to be mumbling about stupid things.

Brando was at the top of his game with Waterfront, Godfather and Last Tango in Paris.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/13/03 11:57 PM

If you love THE GODFATHER, you gotta love THE FRESHMAN.
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/14/03 01:47 AM

I voted for "Apocalypse Now". First of all, because it was an excellent movie made by the man who made my favorite movie (No, not "The Cotton Club" ). Second, even though he didn't have a lot of screen time, his role was very important to the film and very well acted.
Posted By: Bugsy

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/16/03 10:14 AM

I voted The Freshman 'cause I thought he was funnuy playing the Godfather in the Freshman.

Did anybody vote for Superman? Man, Marlon Brando looked ridiculous in that movie.
Posted By: Domenico Clericuzio

Re: Favourite Brando film, other than GF. - 01/24/03 01:54 AM

I definetly feel that Apocalypse Now ! is the best, it portrays Viet Nam so well.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET