Home

Jake LaMotta Question.

Posted By: Scarlett

Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/04/02 02:07 PM

I rented "Raging Bull" over the weekend and it was such a good movie. I was wondering if anyone who posts on here might have any idea whatever happened to him, especially in regards to where the movie left off. Did he ever end up in jai for that incident with the 14 year old girls? Is he still alive? And, whatever became of his wife Vicky?
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/04/02 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett:
I rented "Raging Bull" over the weekend and it was such a good movie. I was wondering if anyone who posts on here might have any idea whatever happened to him, especially in regards to where the movie left off. Did he ever end up in jai for that incident with the 14 year old girls? Is he still alive? And, whatever became of his wife Vicky?
I think Jake LaMotta is still alive, he'd be about 80 years old
Posted By: SC

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/04/02 03:00 PM

I used to see LaMotta (and Rocky Graziano) fairly regularly on the streets of the east-side of Manhahttan early in the mornings when I was driving a cab in the city. (That was back in the 80's). They'd go to a bagel bakery on 2nd Avenue and 56 Street (true story). Graziano was ALWAYS willing to stop and talk, while LaMotta was more distant.

I remember his wife, Vicky, posed for "Playboy" many years ago, but I have heard nothing of them in the recent past.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/04/02 03:06 PM

Hi,
Jake LaMotta is alive. His son was killed a few years back in an accident that took the lives of many others as well.

Paul
Posted By: Scarlett

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/04/02 03:14 PM

I searched some on the internet but all I could find was info about the movie and DeNiro but didn't see anything about him or his wife.

I have another question that maybe someone (Turnbull?) might know the answer to. Was the mob guy named "Tommy" in the movie modeled after someone real?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/04/02 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett:
I searched some on the internet but all I could find was info about the movie and DeNiro but didn't see anything about him or his wife.

I have another question that maybe someone (Turnbull?) might know the answer to. Was the mob guy named "Tommy" in the movie modeled after someone real?
I'm guessing that Tommy Como might have been modeled on Frankie (Mr. Gray) Carbo, who ran the fight rackets for the Mob during that period of time. But I can't be sure. There are only two biographies of LaMotta (one an autobiography), and both are out of print.
Posted By: Liz_85

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/07/02 06:40 AM

While I've seen the movie countless times, I have yet to see the DVD, and on the disc there's supposed to be a documentary on Jake LaMotta that would probably tell you all you need to know.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/07/02 06:58 AM

mine has no special features, they only include an 8 page leaflet in the dvd. it was mentioned in the Wiseguy book that Jake La Motta was one of the prizefighters of the Mafia's.

GoodFella
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/07/02 03:25 PM

I know this is off topic, but does anybody know if they're gonna re-release Scarface, Goodfellas, or even Raging Bull on DVD anytime soon? I'm having trouble finding Raging Bull on DVD (did they stop making it?), and if they were to re-release it, I would pick that one up. Any help is much appreciated!
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/07/02 05:00 PM

Some said they will release a better recording Scarface dvd and GoodFellas dvd with special features. this was a topic before, Don Corpuzzi knows the info on the said dvd's. i have no idea about Raging Bull . . .

GoodFella
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/07/02 07:23 PM

Don't know how many will think this is interesting, but I did so I'll share with you guys. I was poking around on IMDB.com and I found this about Ray Liotta:

"In Blow (2001), Liotta plays father to George Jung (Johnny Depp), who reportedly was responsible for 85% of all cocaine distributed in the US in the late 70s/early 80s. Therefore, there is an 85% chance that Liotta's son in Blow is distributing cocaine to Liotta, playing Henry Hill in GoodFellas (1990)."
Posted By: ChiChi

Re: Jake LaMotta Question. - 11/07/02 07:35 PM

That is a good point. AND I wonder why we don't talk mor about Blow it is based on a true story.
and is a great movie..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET