Home

Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ??

Posted By: THe ProFeSSioNaL

Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/25/02 05:24 PM

topic
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/25/02 06:06 PM

well he was one wasn't he?
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/25/02 06:13 PM

of course he is. when he was young he learned the two greatest things in life. . .
"Never Rat on your Friends and always keep your Mouth Shut." he forgot that after how many years.
welcome aboard Professional!

GoodFella
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/25/02 07:04 PM

I consider him a Rat
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/25/02 10:05 PM

He is a RAT ....
Quote:
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
of course he is. when he was young he learned the two greatest things in life. . .
"Never Rat on your Friends and always keep your Mouth Shut."
Thats it

FH
Posted By: Snake

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/25/02 10:30 PM

Yup.
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/25/02 11:16 PM

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img] Canary, Stool pigeon, snitch, stoolie and...ah yes. Rat.
This was the business he had chosen.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/26/02 12:02 AM

Hi,
Yes I do.

Paul
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/26/02 01:42 AM

'Course he is... Rat bastard...
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/26/02 03:23 AM

I do, but I'm gonna stick up for him. All of us what have done the same thing he did, if we were put in that situation. I know there might be some "tough" people in here that would say that they NEVER would, but really, when you're looking at maybe life in prison, after just spending 4 yours in the joint, you'll do ANYTHING to get out of it! That's my sticking up for Henry Hill!
Posted By: DonsAdvisor

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/26/02 05:17 AM

The Witness Protection Program started in 1970. This is what brought the rats out of their holes. Omerta means death if you snitch. But the program means a new life and less jail time if you snitch. Hill is a rat, but he took the rational, logical option, as they were presented to him. He wouldn't have had that option 10 years earlier. Hence, he may not have been a rat 10 years earlier.
Posted By: TonySoprano

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/26/02 05:57 AM

He is a rat but because of the way he was portrayed in Goodfella's we do feel sympathetic for him
Posted By: CharlieLucifer

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/26/02 07:12 AM

No, he is not a rodent, he is an informant on organized crime... and just a note to all of you gangster wannabes... if you knew that you were about to get some hot lead put through your temperals then I think that you'd do the same thing that he did.

-Lucky
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/26/02 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieLucifer:
No, he is not a rodent, he is an informant on organized crime... and just a note to all of you gangster wannabes... if you knew that you were about to get some hot lead put through your temperals then I think that you'd do the same thing that he did.

-Lucky
Exactly! That's what I'm saying!
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/26/02 11:57 PM

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieLucifer:

-Lucky
If one joins a secret society and if one vows a vow of silence in order to enjoy special priviledges of said society, and if one breaks the vow of silence, one is then a traitor to such a society. If the word RAT is euphemistically used for a traitor, the one who breaks the vow is indeed a RAT.

H.Hill was not a member of such a society, but enjoyed many if not all of the priviledges of the aforementioned society because of the specific benevolence of the true members.

Whether I would have joined or enjoyed the priviledges of such a society is of no consequence, because I didn't, and Henry did.. My truant notes got delivered and I didn't see Jerry Vale ringside and I didn't betray those from whom these priviledges came.

Henry did. I didn't. Henry was the wannabe. He is therefore the RAT.
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/27/02 12:16 AM

Ditto BK an excellent posting if you dont mind me saying
If I can go off on a tangent here, this thread led me to think of the miners strikes in the 1980's and all the arrests and the bloodshed, some men even died. I think it meant more to me cos I'm originally from the north-east where it started and have a lot of family there.
The men who broke the picket lines were called 'scabs' and that is what they were! To this day there is still some bad blood back there over this tho most of the mines have now closed and gone.
Anyway, my point is this, I think, we as humans have a sense of 'honour, or obligation or whatever you want to call it and when the chips are down if you break this honour you let down your comrades your fellow workers what ever happens to be the cause at the time.
You then become a 'scab' or a 'rat' or a 'stoolie' this doesnt mean your bad or you were wrong if it's for the good, just means you are accountable for your own actions. I in no way condone gansters or anything or 'scabs' for that matter but, Henry Hill was a 'rat' and that is a completely independent observation

FH
Posted By: thug

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 10/27/02 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
The Witness Protection Program started in 1970. This is what brought the rats out of their holes. Omerta means death if you snitch. But the program means a new life and less jail time if you snitch. Hill is a rat, but he took the rational, logical option, as they were presented to him. He wouldn't have had that option 10 years earlier. Hence, he may not have been a rat 10 years earlier.
Exactly.
Posted By: ChiChi

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 11/06/02 02:51 AM

I feel he is a rat bastered because they were his family and he turned. If it were reality he propably would have fled the country.

"The worild is yours"
Posted By: godfather88

Re: Do you consider Henry Hill(Goodfellas) to be a rat ?? - 11/09/02 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChiChi:
I feel he is a rat bastered because they were his family and he turned. If it were reality he propably would have fled the country.

"The worild is yours"
Yes he is a rat but i dont think he is a bastard or what ever. if they were his so called famaly they wouldn't had wanted to kill him.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET