Home

My first time!

Posted By: the angel of justice

My first time! - 09/03/02 06:48 PM

No, not like that, i know what u were thinking. I went to see Insomnia yesterday at the cinema and realised that this was the first time that i've seen Al Pacino at the cinema, being too young to have seen most of his others. I've got to say as well, that he really was great, the Michael Corleone cold stare still cuts the mustard. The film in general was very good as well, by the director of Memento, had me tense the whole way through. Well worth seeing.
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: My first time! - 09/03/02 11:04 PM

I want to see Insomnia too My 'local' cinema is many miles away tho so I may end up having to wait till it comes to sky box office I'm glad you enjoyed the film so much
The last Pacino film I saw on the 'big screen' was Devils advocate
I never saw any of the GF's at the cinema, I didnt see any of those till the 80's I wish I had tho
The Michael Corleone 'cold stare' tho enough to turn the milk sour

FH
Posted By: Almammater

Re: My first time! - 09/05/02 08:15 AM

I'm lucky I live in a big city where they play "old" movies over and over again, too many to mention ! This summer alone it was Scarface and Carlito's Way as far as Pacino is concerned, this week it's Raging Bull with De Niro and "Insomnia" will hit the French screens next Sept. 18 and then Simone the next week or so.
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: My first time! - 09/05/02 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Almammater:
I'm lucky I live in a big city where they play "old" movies over and over again, too many to mention ! This summer alone it was Scarface and Carlito's Way as far as Pacino is concerned, this week it's Raging Bull with De Niro and "Insomnia" will hit the French screens next Sept. 18 and then Simone the next week or so.
Wow that is lucky, so lucky. OLD movies, oh what I wouldn't do to see the Godfather's at the pictures...ayayay

Re: My first time! - 09/05/02 01:30 PM

yeah, Anton, that's the life I chose !
Posted By: goddaughter

Re: My first time! - 09/05/02 03:50 PM

I will see Pacino on the big screen for the first time next wednesday when Im going to celebrate the results of my first state exam......(irish equivalent of either GCSE's or A levels!?)
There are only a few clubs open that night and most of the tickets are already sold out so my friends and I are going to a nice restaurant followed by insomnia (of the pacino variety).

Almamater...you are so lucky....Dublin is such a lousy city.....I went to Paris last April and it was FANTASTIC....its one of my favourite places in the entire world.
Have you seen the film Amelié? I watched it a few weeks ago on video and I really loved it..what a nice film!

Re: My first time! - 09/05/02 05:12 PM

Goddaughter, "the grass is alws greener on the other side of the fence" : I'd love to spend some time in Ireland and you love Paris, we're never satisfied with what we have !

I'm happy you liked it here, yet it's different when you're a tourist and when you live + work in the city. But as far as entertainment + culture are concerned Paris is the best city in France ! That's why I settled here ! Next time you come, let me know and I'll show you around.

Yes, I saw "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" (full French title, = "The fabulous fate of A.P."), it was a smash hit over here + in some foreign countries. I liked it but I'm not crazy abt it though, not the kind of flick I can watch 10,000 times !

Since you're in Dublin and I'm a U2 fan (but only when they're a rock band !), I can't help but ask you if you know their club/restaurant and what's it's like ?

AlmaMmater
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: My first time! - 09/05/02 07:13 PM

you're a very lucky guy Almammater! you have the chanced of watching most of the old movies we liked in the big screen. plus some of the stages in Tour de France "live" yearly.

GoodFella

Re: My first time! - 09/05/02 08:46 PM

Oh no, please, no Tour de France !!! When they arrived at the Champs Elysées I was watching Scarface (with Al Pacino) in a small theatre in the Quartier Latin. This weekend I'll go catch Raging Bull and I will be thinking of you all + how lucky I am !
Posted By: goddaughter

Re: My first time! - 09/07/02 04:43 PM

I wasnt even aware that U2 had a club/resaurant!!!!
But my cousin is in fact an aquaintance of Bono's daughter (Eli is her name I think or something like that) and one her friends knows Bono quite well is often a guest in his house!
By the way my little sister is a big fan of that french song "Moi....lolita" and I often find myself humming it....it got into the top 30 chart her a while ago but its a pity there isnt more French music in the charts!
As for the film Amelié I thought it was very cute but I really like the french language...it sounds so beautiful.
Posted By: TheNextDon

Re: My first time! - 09/08/02 05:13 AM

Its really cool to see and hear where people are from...I live in a small town in California. As for Amelie, we had it in a theatre here for like 9 months...I really enjoyed it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET