Home

the usual suspects

Posted By: Alberto_Neri

the usual suspects - 07/28/02 07:26 PM

okey this movie might not go under the category 'mob movies', but I figured most of you guys probably have seen it anyway...

*********************** SPOILER MATERIAL HERE*****************

...DO NOT READ THIS DISCUSSION IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE ..

*********************** SPOILER MATERIAL HERE****************

The thing that bothers me is how Agent Kujan could find out about Keizer being Verbal at the very end. He looks at the big board and finds stuff that Verbal/Keizer has been talking about under the conversation. Did he realize that he was making the whole thing up with Redfoot and Kobayashi or what, since their names was on a piece of paper and on the bottom of the cofee cup??? in that case, why was Kobayashi in the car that picked up Keizer in the end???

your thought on this plz

(I added the "Spoiler Material" disclaimer to this message. The ending to the movie is certainly a twist, and if one hasn't seen the film this discussion could take away a lot of the surprise, and enjoyment). SC
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: the usual suspects - 07/28/02 10:21 PM

A great movie.He certainly did find out in the end.I guess we finally realise who really was smarter.

Maybe his name isnt Kobayashi,just used it.
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: the usual suspects - 07/29/02 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alberto_Neri:

The thing that bothers me is how Agent Kujan could find out about Keizer being Verbal at the very end. He looks at the big board and finds stuff that Verbal/Keizer has been talking about under the conversation. Did he realize that he was making the whole thing up with Redfoot and Kobayashi or what, since their names was on a piece of paper and on the bottom of the cofee cup??? in that case, why was Kobayashi in the car that picked up Keizer in the end???

your thought on this plz
[/i]
Nice touch first and foremost Alberto_Neri on warning the people who haven't seen it yet. Lets just say Agent Dave Kujan has a good imagination and and is very perceptive. He was able to retain the details of Verbals interesting and informative story. He didnt know if it was made up since Verbal was the suspect in the crime.

I believe Kobayashi was part of Verbal, aka. Keyser Soze master plan. You do need a trusted ally who is smart and conniving as well. Kobayashi (or whatever his real name is) was a front to cover up Verbals identity.

DC
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: the usual suspects - 09/07/02 09:46 PM

Hi,
That was some movie. Chazz Palmentieri was good and so was Kevin Spacey. I like the part how Verbal/Keyser Soze loses the limp and walks right out from under Agent Kujan's nose. that is one for the record books.

Paul
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: the usual suspects - 09/24/02 09:44 PM

not only the name of his "ally", but anything Verbal tells Kujan can be questioned wether made up or true, since we don't get to see a thing about what really happened, only the story as told by Verbal. Maybe everything was made up, it could well be since it's a given fact Verbal is a lyer and since he also set up the other 'usual suspects' in helping him with the heist(s), he could as well told a crap story to the cop investigator for fun or whatever his motives to play Kujan are. Only given facts, after the movie, are that $90 million is missing, Verbal Kint is a free man and he's not a gimp. The man we knew before as Kobayashi is his partner. The rest is just Verbal's Story, a masterpiece of writer Chris McQuarrie. It gives me a kick everytime I see it, like Memento and the Godfathers do.
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: the usual suspects - 09/24/02 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pherdy:
It gives me a kick everytime I see it, like Memento and the Godfathers do.
Yes, I agree. Also, Spacey does such a great job with the part of Verbal at the end, very reminiscent of his revalations at the end of Seven.

Let's see, Guy Pearce from Memento starred with Kevin Spacey in L.A. Confidential.....I feel a "6 degrees from..." game coming on with our favorite movies!

Re: the usual suspects - 10/13/02 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:

Let's see, Guy Pearce from Memento starred with Kevin Spacey in L.A. Confidential.....I feel a "6 degrees from..." game coming on with our favorite movies!
Also in that movie, Russell Crowe. Since one of my favorite commercial movies was Gladiator, LA Confidential sure hosts a lot of good actors. The director of that picture though, is the one now directing Eminem in his movie debut 8 Mile. I just don't know about that one, Curtis.

(by the way, LA Confidential was great too!)
Posted By: filmbuff

Re: the usual suspects - 10/20/02 10:50 PM

Spacey's performance in The Usual Suspects was one of the best of 90s cinema. Acting within acting.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: the usual suspects - 10/22/02 05:01 AM

The Usual Suspects was one of the top five movies of the '90s and is one of the best movies of all time! The cast: Kevin Spacey, Benicio Del Toro, Gabriel Byrne, Stephen Baldwin, Kevin Pollack, Chazz Palminteri, Pete Postlethwaite etc. were terrific. The screenplay (Christopher McQuarrie) was extremely innovative and the direction (Bryan Singer) was superb. Definitely a five-star movie and for those who haven't seen it I highly recommend it.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: the usual suspects - 10/30/02 05:33 PM

how about "the way of the gun"? i heard del toro is also in this movie. anyone saw this?

GoodFella
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: the usual suspects - 10/30/02 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
how about "the way of the gun"? i heard del toro is also in this movie. anyone saw this?

GoodFella
I saw it and wasn't too blown away by it. I loved Del Toro in Snatch! He's also in a new one with Tommy Lee Jones that looks pretty good.

Re: the usual suspects - 10/30/02 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:

GoodFella
that one's directed by Christopher McQuarrie, the genious who wrote The Usual Suspects.

also in that movie: James Caan!

The Way Of The Gun
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: the usual suspects - 10/30/02 08:33 PM

Pherdy, I´ve checked out your site, It´s beautifull.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: the usual suspects - 10/31/02 05:04 AM

I've seen both The Way Of The Gun and Snatch and was impressed with both of them. Its a shame that more movies like the pair don't come out very often. There's more than enough crap out there!
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: the usual suspects - 10/31/02 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pherdy:
[quote]Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
[b]how about "the way of the gun"? i heard del toro is also in this movie. anyone saw this?

GoodFella
that one's directed by Christopher McQuarrie, the genious who wrote The Usual Suspects.

also in that movie: James Caan!

The Way Of The Gun [/b][/quote]thanks for the link Pherdy . . .

GoodFella
Posted By: ChiChi

Re: the usual suspects - 11/05/02 11:45 PM

I thought it was a great flik. It did not get the recognition it deserved. Havig you think one thing up to the end. and Spacey it great. A mark in his career.

"The world is yours"

Re: the usual suspects - 11/06/02 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChiChi:
[QB]It did not get the recognition it deserved.QB]
it got two oscars, and is the current #15 on the Imdb.com all time top movie chart!

and all actors turned out okay in their later careers (Spacey and Del Toro won oscars a few years ago, Bryan Singer (the director) has his own blockbuster movie series (X-Men)

this all isn't bad for a relatively cheap ($6 million) movie.

the only recognition it did not get enough was at the box office: $24 million in the US. That's not much, I agree
Posted By: ChiChi

Re: the usual suspects - 11/06/02 10:55 PM

That I did not know that it got two Oscars and that it is number 15 on the Imdb.com list. Hey thax for the infow.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET