Home

Road to Perdition

Posted By: TheIrishDon

Road to Perdition - 07/22/02 11:33 PM

I just saw this movie and I must say it was very good.. I do belive I like it could be better then The Godfather but to surpass The Godfather I think it would need to come out with a sequel.. but all in all I loved it..

I also saw the previews for Gangs of New York... looks very good, can't wait for that either. But I do recondmend seeing Road to Perdition.
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Road to Perdition - 07/22/02 11:39 PM

In one of the commercials for the movie someone said it was the best crime drama since "The Godfather" and i bet it isn't.
Posted By: TheIrishDon

Re: Road to Perdition - 07/22/02 11:59 PM

It is.
Posted By: CharlieLucifer

Re: Road to Perdition - 07/23/02 04:55 PM

I liked the movie a lot... but it at times was predictable... and I don't believe a sequel could be possible [remember what the kid said at the end.].

It's a completely different movie than the Godfather... therefore I don't think that it's comparable... that's kinda like all of those people that tried to compare Goodfellas to The Godfather... you just can't do it... and in that same light... you can't compare Goodfellas to Road to Perdition.

-Lucky
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Road to Perdition - 07/23/02 07:48 PM

It's a good movie, and Tom Hanks is great in it, as is Paul Newman. So is Jude Law. But it is not in the league of the Godfather 1 or 2. As for a sequel, it would be tough due to the ending. Maybe a prequel, but not a sequel.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Road to Perdition - 07/31/02 01:25 PM

i saw the poster but not the trailer of this movie(not yet shown here), is this based on a true story?

GoodFella
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Road to Perdition - 07/31/02 02:04 PM

It's mildly entertaining, but no way does it come close to any of the GF films.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Road to Perdition - 07/31/02 02:44 PM

I agree Turnbull...It is a good movie, But this is a story about the relationship between fathers and sons. It is just set in the gangland era.

The best part of the movie is how real they make that time period come across. Great job, with cars, clothes and the sets. Tom does another great job taking his part and making him a real person.

Go see it, but if you think you are seeing another Godfather, you will disappointed. See it for itself.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET