Home

Favorite part of a Bronx tale

Posted By: FORGET ABOUT IT

Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/02/02 01:41 PM

I had to go with when the kid is siting there with all the mobsters and he ends up winning all that money for Sonny.When the father takes all that money and gives it back.The father really gave the Sonny half and he kept the rest.
Posted By: Don Mataya

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/02/02 02:26 PM

My favorite part is when the Sonny and the guys beat up all the bikers. Man that's awesome. And Sonnys line "Now you cant leave." That has to be one of the best parts.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/03/02 01:15 AM

I like the biker part and I like when that guy takes the baseball bat out and hitting the guys car and sonny comes out and blows the guy away.
Posted By: Jade

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/03/02 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Mataya:
My favorite part is when the Sonny and the guys beat up all the bikers. Man that's awesome. And Sonnys line "Now you cant leave." That has to be one of the best parts.
Chaz Palmentari is such a great actor. That part is cool. I don't think those bikers knew who they were messing with. I guess they weren't from the neighborhood. Another great part is when C does not rat. Smart kid! I also like when he asks whether it's better to be feared or loved, and Sonny basically tells him fear because it lasts longer than love. It's really very sad that he felt that way.
Posted By: CharlieLucifer

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/03/02 04:45 AM

"I also like when he asks whether it's better to be feared or loved, and Sonny basically tells him fear because it lasts longer than love. It's really very sad that he felt that way."

Actually... some time before that scene Sonny said that he had read some Machiavelli...

The infamous Machiavelli quote is "It is better to be feared than loved."

-Lucky

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/03/02 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieLucifer:
"I also like when he asks whether it's better to be feared or loved, and Sonny basically tells him fear because it lasts longer than love. It's really very sad that he felt that way."

Actually... some time before that scene Sonny said that he had read some Machiavelli...

The infamous Machiavelli quote is "It is better to be feared than loved."

-Lucky
What is it with gangsters and Machiavelli? I heard that Gotti read many of his books and Carlo Gambino too. I guess it was only natural to put something about Machiavelli in a mob movie.
Posted By: CharlieLucifer

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/04/02 12:32 AM

Well... Machiavelli's book "The Prince" was a guide for the people who ran the city-states in Italy at the time, mob bosses are related to that... because like the old Italians... they are also running little empires... little corrupted city-states.

-Lucky

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/04/02 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieLucifer:
Well... Machiavelli's book "The Prince" was a guide for the people who ran the city-states in Italy at the time, mob bosses are related to that... because like the old Italians... they are also running little empires... little corrupted city-states.

-Lucky
Thank you so much for the info! I've heard of the book, The Prince. I knew about the city-states in Italy from a long time ago. In Dante's book, The Inferno, he speaks of them.
Posted By: Calogero

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/08/02 07:41 AM

My favorite scene is when "Lorenzo (De Niro) tells his son, "Anybody can shoot a gun, but try getting up and going to work every day then see who the real tough guy is...the working man that's who."
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/18/02 08:34 PM

that's also my favorite part.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/19/02 12:08 AM

How about that test for true love....

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/19/02 07:40 AM

It's driving me crazy that someone has the same Avatar that I have (Guineapig). Since you are a button and I am a mere wiseguy, I guess I will change to Samuel L. Jackson.

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/19/02 02:22 PM

I am sry Colegero but w/e.

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/19/02 02:27 PM

The part with the bikers was also my favorite Confession was good too."Your man may be bigger then my man up there father but my man is bigger then your man down here. Pries: Yeah you got a point"

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/19/02 02:49 PM

Hey Cologero i just want to let you know that a Capo named Don Thomas has the same avatar as you.

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/20/02 05:23 AM

I figured someone did. How can I get an original one?

What does w/e mean?

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/20/02 05:25 AM

It means "whatever." Sorry I am a little slow.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/20/02 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Calogero:
I figured someone did. How can I get an original one?

What does w/e mean?
You can always send a picture you want as an avatar to JGeoff,which I still think he does.

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/20/02 05:49 AM

Well, I haven't seen anyone using Lefty so I'll give him a try.

Re: Favorite part of a Bronx tale - 06/21/02 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guineapig:
The part with the bikers was also my favorite Confession was good too."Your man may be bigger then my man up there father but my man is bigger then your man down here. Pries: Yeah you got a point"
Yeah, I like the part when C goes to confession.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET