Home

Donnie Brasco

Posted By: Biggtone23

Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 12:20 AM

At the end of the movie when Lefty says "If Donnie calls tell him if it was anyone I'm glad it was him" Does he mean if anybody was ratting on the family he was glad it was him and not someone higher up or does he mean if anybody is going to get out of it clean he's glad it's him ?
Posted By: Don Munoz

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 03:29 AM

I believe that he meant that if anyone out of their group was clean that he was glad it was him. Thats the way I interpreted it anyways.
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Biggtone23:
At the end of the movie when Lefty says "If Donnie calls tell him if it was anyone I'm glad it was him" Does he mean if anybody was ratting on the family he was glad it was him and not someone higher up or does he mean if anybody is going to get out of it clean he's glad it's him ?
It means that he was glad it was a great loyal friend who ratted him. That and him being whacked Wish he wasn't but oh well, business is bus.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 03:57 AM

Yeah, I'm with Daniel on this one. Lefty was obviously terrified of getting backstabbed by a fellow wise guy (remember the tiger scene?), so I believe he was relieved he got done in by a cop. True, he got whacked by his fellow wise guys anyway, but at least by then he knew it was coming and was ready for it. I think he also said it out of a genuine love and respect for Donnie, not out of sarcasm or bitterness. Kinda' sad, though.

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
Yeah, I'm with Daniel on this one. Lefty was obviously terrified of getting backstabbed by a fellow wise guy (remember the tiger scene?), so I believe he was relieved he got done in by a cop. True, he got whacked by his fellow wise guys anyway, but at least by then he knew it was coming and was ready for it. I think he also said it out of a genuine love and respect for Donnie, not out of sarcasm or bitterness. Kinda' sad, though.
Yeah don't you hate chracters that die when they eventually turn out cool in the end, lol. You hate them then you love em, jeez the pressure of being an audience, hehehe.

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 05:07 AM

You said it! Jeez, I felt the same way when I saw Heat.
Posted By: The Last Don

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 12:39 PM

havnt seen this one yet is it good?

grazie

the Last Don
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
True, he got whacked by his fellow wise guys anyway, but at least by then he knew it was coming and was ready for it.
Lefty actually died in prison from what I know. He was never whacked. Sonny Black however, was.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 02:57 PM

So he didn't die in prison, how did he die. I'm sure it wasn't a mob hit. Was it his cancer?
Posted By: eddietheplumber

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 03:31 PM

LEFTY was the only one still alive from that crew,
their was a hit out on him but the feds pulled
him in before it could be executed.
Agents tried to cut a deal w/him but he refused,
till the day he died lefty always said,If i ever
find that Donny I'm gonna cut his balls off.
Sonny got the worst of it,the bonannos cut his
hands off then shot him 6 times point blank in
the head.They found him in a trunk out by the
shore.
Posted By: eddietheplumber

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 04:07 PM

I would not accept the fact that he is or was truthful,no matter what,directly or indirectly,
he was responsible for the murders of at least 12
men.
Granted they were undesirables but they still died as a result of his job,and although not in
the book,he participated in many crimes including
murder,hi-jacking,bookmaking.His job was to run a
joint in fla.which he did quite well,some 350,000$
a month.
He also almost got a fellow agent killed in Milwaukie in a video poker scam with Chicagos'
outfit.
Sonny vanished for weeks,just before the indictments came down they found him,it was thought that they kept his body on ice so that when the arrests started they would put his body out to be found,to make an example,if the Bonannos'would whack the highest ranking capo they had,they would whack anyone.

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 04:38 PM

My apologies, guys! I was referring to Lefty's getting whacked based upon the impression that the movie gave. I forgot we've got our own resident Mafia historians on this board (thank God!). Thanks for the input!
Posted By: Don Munoz

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 09:59 PM

I thought the real life Sonny Black commited suicide. I'm not sure where I heard this though.
Posted By: Fanucci

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/16/02 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eddietheplumber:
LEFTY was the only one still alive from that crew,
their was a hit out on him but the feds pulled
him in before it could be executed.
The Charicter Paulie, Sonny's right hand man was based on John "Boobie" Cerisani who is I believe still alive and recently got himself into trouble with the law over a bank heist. He brought suit against the filmmakers before it's release to stop the use of his real name in the film for fear of his life.

Re: Donnie Brasco - 04/17/02 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Last Don:
havnt seen this one yet is it good?

grazie

the Last Don
If you enjoy Al Pacino/Johnny Depps amazing rapport, true to life stories, mobs, undercover cops, great acting and some humor this is the movie for you.
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Donnie Brasco - 05/02/02 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Corleone:
[quote]Originally posted by The Last Don:
[b]havnt seen this one yet is it good?

grazie

the Last Don
If you enjoy Al Pacino/Johnny Depps amazing rapport, true to life stories, mobs, undercover cops, great acting and some humor this is the movie for you. [/b][/quote]I loved the movie and have just bought the book I may be missing for a while
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Donnie Brasco - 05/03/02 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Family Honour:
[quote]Originally posted by Daniel Corleone:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by The Last Don:
[b]havnt seen this one yet is it good?

grazie

the Last Don
If you enjoy Al Pacino/Johnny Depps amazing rapport, true to life stories, mobs, undercover cops, great acting and some humor this is the movie for you. [/b][/quote]I loved the movie and have just bought the book I may be missing for a while [/b][/quote]The book is great when I was reading it I could not put it down.
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Donnie Brasco - 05/16/02 09:13 PM

I finished the book and it was fantastic, but why the hell do I feel so sorry for the bad guys??
I think I got to like Sonny Black and Lefty. It just all seems so treacherous eh? And those poor pigeons ....
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET