Home

Pulp Fiction.

Posted By: Tyler Durden

Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 02:05 PM

I love this movie. I try to watch it atleast once a day. I don't like it as much as The Godfather films, but it probably is right behind em. I was watching it yesterday and I was thinking about the crime boss, Marsellus Wallace. What do you think he was into? And since he was a boss, could it have possibly been Black Mafia?
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 02:18 PM

Once a DAY ?????
Tony, unless you meant to type 'week' or 'month', you may need to get out a little more.

Wow, I don't think I could watch ANY of my favorite movies that often. Like going crazy at an all-you-can-eat buffet. It's great at first, but then you get kind've sick of the whole thing.

But, as with many things....that's just me.

Apple

PS - I liked Pulp Fiction too; thought Christopher Walken was absolutely brilliant in his little 'watch up his ass' monologue.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 02:23 PM

I have never seen Pulp Fiction manny of my friends say its a confusing movie.

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 05:18 PM

Apple-lol..I was kiddin..I've only watched about 5 times.

DonPalentino-It's not really that confusing once you get the storyline down. It's really one regular story but cut up into different pieces and mixed up.I have a bootleg copy that shows the film in chronological order.

P.S....Apple, lol I agree, the watch up his ass monologue was great. Tarantino is a genius.

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
[b]Apple-lol..I was kiddin..I've only watched about 5 times...DonPalentino-It's not really that confusing once you get the storyline down...lol I agree, the watch up his ass monologue was great. Tarantino is a genius.[/b]
Thank goodness you were kidding, and I agree about the storyline. If you 'get it' (which I recall talk-show host Tom Snyder did not), it's not really confusing but all the more interesting!!

Speaking of Tarantino...I understand he's now acting in a new TV series - whatever happened to his directing/writing career?!?!?

Apple
Posted By: Salvatore

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonPalentino:
I have never seen Pulp Fiction manny of my friends say its a confusing movie.
It's not that confusing, maybe the 2nd time you watch will be easier to understand. I think it's one of the best movies of Tarantino, And the soundtrack is amazing.

Cheers

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 06:37 PM

Thats a good question Apple. I don't know what happened to him. Last movie he made was Jackie Brown, which was horrible.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 06:39 PM

I thought jakie brown was O.K nothing to write home about.

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 06:42 PM

Awwww...maybe he'll turn out to be a one hit wonder - like David Selznick w/ Gone With The Wind. David never did equal the artistic level he reached in GWTW, though he spent the next 20+ years trying.

Apple
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Awwww...maybe he'll turn out to be a one hit wonder - like David Selznick w/ Gone With The Wind. David never did equal the artistic level he reached in GWTW, though he spent the next 20+ years trying.

Apple
I guess he set the bar pretty high his first time out. Factor in the year it was made and I would say that he did alright for himself. I would be happy with just one hit like that under my belt. Look how young FFC was when he did the Godfather he was a nobody then.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 08:03 PM

No,hes got another one comin out,and it looks good...... Kill my uncle bill with a car.

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/21/02 10:29 PM

Oh yeah, thats right. Thanks for pointin that out MFM...Kill Bill dont look all that good tho...Ill just wait and see.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/22/02 05:52 AM

If you like Tarantino, you should check out "Killing Zoe," which he produced (or was executive producer). French bank heist. Like "Dog Day Afternoon" without the humor. Incredibly intense performance by Jean-Huges Anglade.
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/23/02 12:23 AM

i love pulp fiction, i dont watch once a day or anything like that but i try to watch it every now and then.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/24/02 04:31 AM

sorry to say that Pulp Fiction wasn't my cup of tea. Must be an age thing. 4 or 5 friends said the same thing.
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 02/24/02 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Tony Montana:
[b][b]Apple-lol..I was kiddin..I've only watched about 5 times...DonPalentino-It's not really that confusing once you get the storyline down...lol I agree, the watch up his ass monologue was great. Tarantino is a genius.
[/b]
Speaking of Tarantino...I understand he's now acting in a new TV series - whatever happened to his directing/writing career?!?!?

Apple[/b][/quote]I saw Tarantino in Alias. He used to work for SD6 (the anti-FBI version). He was really slick. As for the movie, I thought it was brilliant. The first time I saw it I did get what was happening. It was probably the first movie to incorporate 3 story lines (hence the imitations followed = Traffic, Go, etc.). The action, dialogue and humor is what I liked most.

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 03/01/02 09:41 PM

Just saw Pulp Fiction again yesterday. I discovered some flaws during the film. First, wasn't Marseluss tied up (in the scene inside Zed doing him). He had this orange thingy on his mouth. After Butch kills Maynard with teh Samurai sword Marseluss (untied with a gun) shoots Zed in the groin. Second, I noticed that after Butch (in the apartment to get his Fathers watch) kills Vincent, nobody was rattled or notices the gunshots. I know the uzi had a silencer but at least the neighbors could have been suspicious. Thats just me, hehehe.

I realized how powerful and unique the film was after watching it for the nth time. Its creative dialogue, cast, acting (Tarantino acted well) and style of directing is so innovative. The themes: racism, drugs, violence, miracles and how an individual can change adds to how great the film is.

goodfellaoggie, if your reading this, I hope this would change your mind about watching the film already, hehehe.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 03/03/02 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Corleone:

goodfellaoggie, if your reading this, I hope this would change your mind about watching the film already, hehehe.
still havent seen it Daniel . . .

--------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 03/03/02 03:11 AM

Go rent it now what are you waiting for? You don't know what your missing (check out the fellow mobsters who praised the movie, hehehe
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 03/03/02 04:40 PM

i wont rent it, Im waiting for my friend to lend it to me. he just bought it 2 days ago. . .

--------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!

Re: Pulp Fiction. - 03/04/02 03:11 AM

Happy viewing and let us know your thoughts
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET