Home

The Last Don

Posted By: J Geoff

The Last Don - 02/18/02 02:21 AM

*Whew*

I just watched The Last Don I & II DVDs for a 7 hr 20 min marathon - and it felt great!

While, of course, not as "good" as The Godfather films, it was a refreshing change - and time went by very quickly. It really is a good miniseries, and you just gotta love those long epics on a Sunday!

JG
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: The Last Don - 02/18/02 04:15 AM

Congrats Don Jgeoff! I don't think I could sit that long thru movies...But I watched The Last Don about 2 weeks ago and The Last Don II on Friday...Both of which kick ass..

Re: The Last Don - 02/18/02 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
I don't think I could sit that long thru movies...
I hear ya - but when you think about sitting that long on a typical workday, it's not so bad - especially in the comfort of your own living room

A few weeks ago I watched my Roots DVD set over 3 nights - I think I'll do it again in one shot, it's only 10 hrs!

JG

JG
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Last Don - 02/18/02 05:10 AM

What'd you think of Danny Aiello's performance, JG? I thought Last Don was worth watching just for him.

Re: The Last Don - 02/18/02 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
What'd you think of Danny Aiello's performance, JG?
I thought he was just great - the Jersey boy done good!

I think all the performances were good. I don't like Kirsty Alley, but she was okay. And I can't help but think of [some slapstick comedy] with Joe Montegna, but he was great. And "Falcone" star Jason Gedrick wasn't too bad either. Speaking of which, I don't think Falcone will ever make it to DVD, so maybe I should do it myself...

JG
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: The Last Don - 02/18/02 03:13 PM

i like the first one than the second . . .

---------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: The Last Don - 02/18/02 04:10 PM

I tried watching the mini series of The Last Don. I watched about an hour and half of it and got really bored. Very good acting but I couldn't see any plot anywhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff: And I can't help but think of Home Alone with Joe Montegna, but he was great.
JG[/QB]
I must have seen Home Alone plenty of times as a kid but can't think where Montagna was in it.

Re: The Last Don - 02/18/02 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I must have seen Home Alone plenty of times as a kid but can't think where Montagna was in it.
Duh, you're right - I was thinking of "Baby's Day Out" or some other slapstick comedy he was in, sorry Ironically, I never thought of Joey Zasa at all...!

JG
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: The Last Don - 03/03/02 11:44 PM

The Last Don TV Series was recently broadcast here in the UK,I enjoyed it yeah but i wasnt all that impressed with a lot of things, things just went too fast, it felt like it was just sprinting thru the years, also the fact that over a 40 year period Joe Mantagna's character hardly aged, but yeah on the whole it was good, Cross & Dante were well played, and Mantagna was excellent as the Family Hammer Pipi, id like to get this on DVD, but im guessing it will be hard to get in the UK
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: The Last Don - 03/04/02 03:13 AM

It was on last sunday.The whole thing in one shot. Great way to watch it rather then part one, one night and part two the next.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET