Home

Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. .

Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/02/02 06:35 PM

this two films are included in my favorites. Mobsters- the life of Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Siegle and Frank Costello. Christian Slater, Patrick Dempsey,Richard Grieco and Costas Mandylor did their part very well. and also Anthony Quinn. the girls are hot too! . . in Scent of a Woman my favorite part is when Al Pacino is doing the Tango. i also love the music in that tango scene but i dont know the title. anyone out there know the title? thanks. by the way i am now promoted to BUTTON IN JUST 5 DAYS! HOOHAA ! !

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: goodfellaoggie ]
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/03/02 01:17 PM

You really liked Mobsters? I didn't care for it. Most of it was very innacurate and the real life characters of Bugsy, Luciano etc was very innacurate too.

For me, Luciano was better played by Andy Garcia in Hoodlum even though that film isn't very too good either.

Now Scent of a Woman is amazing. Truly a fantastic film and one of my favourites ever. The only scene I don't like to watch in that entire movie seems to be your favourite. I hate tango music and dancing. The rest fo that scene was good apart from that though.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/03/02 03:20 PM

I agree with Turi. "Mobsters" was colorful, but wildly inaccurate and overwrought. I don't understand why the writer and director thought they had to monkey with the real history of Luciano, Siegel, Lansky and Schultz, since it was dramatic and colorful enough for any film. "Scent" was a splendid film, one of Pacino's best, a witty and creative tale.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/03/02 09:29 PM

I never seen scent of a woman i have mobsters.
I thought mobsters was O.K. nothing great.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/04/02 04:27 PM

Kumusta, goodfellaoggie.

I'm not sure what the name of the tango song was, but I think it was composed by either Itzhak Perlman or Carlos Gardel. That might get you started.
Posted By: corleone

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/04/02 09:07 PM

the tango song is titled. Por Una Cabeza, and another great song from the film is La Violetera prego paisan.
Posted By: Don Mafiosi

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/04/02 10:04 PM

Hey Friends.....
This topic is made for me.....

As an Old Argentinean guy (Country where Tango is from) I can tell that the Tango is called "Por Una Cabeza" ("TO LOSE JUST BY A HEAD") and was written by Carlos Gardel (The most famous tango singer) and by Alfredo Lepera.

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: Don Mafiosi ]
Posted By: Sermanni

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/04/02 10:36 PM

Scent of a woman is amazing, but it wouldnt have been half the film it was without Pacino. He made that film. Without him it would be merely average. It is his best performance bar none

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/07/02 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
Kumusta, goodfellaoggie.

I'm not sure what the name of the tango song was, but I think it was composed by either Itzhak Perlman or Carlos Gardel. That might get you started.

salamat Don Corpuzzi!
Posted By: Liz_85

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/09/02 04:00 AM

I've seen Mobsters one time only and I didn't think much of it, it was just an okay movie to fill in a couple hours.
Scent of a Woman on the other hand, I love. It's one of my favourite movies and I watch it whenever I have time to.
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/16/02 12:24 AM

Scent of a Woman was well made. Al Pacino won an Oscar for his brilliant (as always) performance. I think the Oscars had to make up for not giving him one in The Godfather films. And Francis commented that Al Pacino can't dance, hehehe.

Im glad 2 fellow pinoys are in the coolest BB on the Net. I might be going back to Manila by March or April. A huge "KAAAMUUUUSTAAAAA!!!" to you guys.

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/16/02 06:35 AM

where in manila Don Corleone? Don Corpuzzi is also a "kababayan". . . .

--------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . .it was not what I wanted!
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/16/02 11:57 PM

I might be going back next month or by April. Hirap maghanap nang trabaho dito, hehehe. I live in Valle Verde (Pasig po). Where are you from fellow mobster?

Re: Scent of a Woman and Mobsters. . - 02/17/02 04:54 PM

from sta. cruz manila po Mr. Corleone. . .

---------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET