Home

Donnie Brasco

Posted By: Liz_85

Donnie Brasco - 11/29/01 12:07 AM

I was reading the book and Joseph Pistone said that he heard the name Donald Brasco from an old movie or book or something. Does anyone know where he would have heard that name?
Thanks, Liz.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Donnie Brasco - 11/29/01 03:45 AM

GoldenAngel...what a nice moniker. I read the book too, but i've had little success in amplifying on Mr. Pistone's testimonials.

JM
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/07/02 09:28 PM

Im Just Watching This Movie For The First Time Now...And Jeez Its Good
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/08/02 12:15 AM

Personally, i didnt really care for Donnie Brasco.. I thought it was a great film, with a great plot and great actors, but there is just something about that mob, that i just dont care for.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/08/02 12:31 AM

I too had a hard time getting into this movie. I don't think I liked the fact that Pacino played a washed-up old guy.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/08/02 05:39 AM

I thought the movie was good, but no cigar. The film missed out on two great subplots: Tony Mirra (he's a very scary guy) and the Milwaukee interlude with Frank Balistrieri.
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/08/02 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
I thought the movie was good, but no cigar. The film missed out on two great subplots: Tony Mirra (he's a very scary guy) and the Milwaukee interlude with Frank Balistrieri.

I also didn't like the idea the producers tried to promote: That Donnie was closer to Lefty than Sonny Black...This might have been true at the beginning, but later on, they were quite close...much closer than Donnie was ever with Lefty...
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/08/02 11:07 PM

i personally loved the movie, that might havet to do with the fact i havent read the book but im going to soon, im reading the godfather right now and then im gonna read omerta, the sicilian, scarface, then donni brasco.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/09/02 12:47 AM

You're right, Sonny: that's another inaccuracy that shifts the meaning. In the movie, Lefty is the schlemeil of the Mafia, but Brasco develops filial feelings for him, even offering him money to buy a boat to escape the Mob. In the book, Brasco acknowledges that Lefty is no, schlemeil, is a good earner and has clout (he prevailed over Mirra in The Big Sitdown), but he has no respect for Lefty and his constant whining and free-loading. Buthe has filian feelings for Sonny, and you get the feeling Brasco genuinely regretted that he in effect caused Sonny's demise.
Posted By: Farantino

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/10/02 04:20 AM

You have to admit that Sean Penn plays one hell of a Jewish Lawyer!! Pacino's accent faded away into the old man from "Scent of a Woman" at times. I liked the movie though.
Posted By: Neri

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/10/02 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Farantino:
You have to admit that Sean Penn plays one hell of a Jewish Lawyer!!

You're thinking of Carlito's Way, not Donnie Brasco.
Posted By: Farantino

Re: Donnie Brasco - 01/10/02 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neri:

You're thinking of Carlito's Way, not Donnie Brasco.

oh crap! my bad.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET