Home

Sammy the Bull

Posted By: Liz_85

Sammy the Bull - 10/27/01 06:29 AM

Were there any movies made about Sammy 'The Bull' Gravano? All I've ever seen that has a section on Sammy is the Armand Assante movie Gotti, and even that only had limited time spent on Sammy's betrayal.
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: Sammy the Bull - 10/27/01 04:32 PM

There is one kinda cheesy one that I know of. It features Nicholas Turturro as that rat Sammy. 'Underboss" I think, if I recall correct. I dunno, it didn't make much of a impression.
Posted By: Don Liguito

Re: Sammy the Bull - 10/29/01 12:47 AM

Is there really Don rico. ive never heard of it. can you please tell me the name.
Posted By: eddietheplumber

Re: Sammy the Bull - 10/29/01 06:47 PM

there is supposed to be a movie in production about sammy,it has been said that pesci would play
the part of sammy-
Posted By: Not Yet Made Guy

Re: Sammy the Bull - 10/30/01 10:02 AM

I think there is a movie called "Witness to the Mob". I work at Blockbuster and recently saw the box to it.
Posted By: SC

Re: Sammy the Bull - 10/30/01 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Not Yet Made Guy:
I think there is a movie called "Witness to the Mob".

"Witness to the Mob" IS about Sammy Gravano. It isn't a very good movie, but its worth the rental fee just to see some of the alumni of mob actors in its cast - Abe Vigoda (Tessio) plays Paul Castellano, and Richard Bright (Al Neri) has a role. From "The Sopranos" comes Michael Imperioli, Vincent Pastore and Kathrine Narducci, and even Frank Vincent (Billy Batts in "Goodfellas") is in it.
Posted By: Neri

Re: Sammy the Bull - 10/30/01 04:22 PM

Speaking of alumni of mob actors, if you are a Sopranos fan and have not yet seen Gotti, it features Vincent Pastore, Tony Sirico, and Dominic Chianese. It is also in my opinion a pretty decent movie, and worth a view regardless of whether or not you're a Sopranos fan. I thought Armand Assante played a pretty damn good Gotti.
Posted By: Rocky

Re: Sammy the Bull - 11/01/01 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neri:
Speaking of alumni of mob actors, if you are a Sopranos fan and have not yet seen Gotti, it features Vincent Pastore, Tony Sirico, and Dominic Chianese. It is also in my opinion a pretty decent movie, and worth a view regardless of whether or not you're a Sopranos fan. I thought Armand Assante played a pretty damn good Gotti.

Wow! I just watched Gotti. I had never seen it before, but you guys are always talking about it, so it was on my list. I was out today, and saw the DVD on sale for $10.99, so I bought it. Definately worth it, a great movie.

I am a Sopranos fan and it was great seeing those guys in it. Armand Assante was great as well.
Posted By: SC

Re: Sammy the Bull - 11/01/01 11:37 PM

All "Sopranos" fans should also check out "Goodfellas" (if you haven't already done so). You'll see Tony Sirico (Paullie Walnuts) as Tony Stacks, pushing a mailman's head into a pizza oven; Lorraine Bracco (Dr. Melfi) has a large part as Ray Liotta's wife; Michael Imperioli (Christopher) plays "Spider", the kid who gets shot by Joe Pesci; and even Vincent Pastore (Big Pussy) has a small part pushing a coatrack in the back of the restaurant.

Also, check out a frozen stiff in the back of a meat truck.....its none other than Frank Sivero (young Genco in Part II).
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: Sammy the Bull - 11/18/01 04:56 PM

I saw 'witness tothe mob' a while back and found it an interesting film, even though it wasn't of the quality of some other mob films that we discuss on this board, however it does seem quite biased towards Gravano, and doesn't portray Gotti well. I have read on a few occassions that a film about Sammy the Bull was being made starring joe pesci but have not read or heard anything recently.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET