Home

A Bronx Tale

Posted By: Don Lagrassa

A Bronx Tale - 10/05/01 04:18 PM

I just recently viewed this film, and I thought it was a decent movie. I specifically liked the conflict between Chazz Palminteri's character and De Niro's character. Just wondering what everybody's take on the movie was.
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/05/01 04:24 PM

I aboslutely loved that movie. I espcially loved the ending. great stuff.

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/05/01 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz Skywalker:
I aboslutely loved that movie. I espcially loved the ending. great stuff.

I thought it was cool to find out that it is actually based in part on Palminteri's childhood.
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/05/01 04:29 PM

yeah, I read that on IMDB. Really cool that it's based on a true story. really cool.
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/05/01 07:00 PM

Robert Deniro was given the opportunity to direct his own movie, whatever he wanted, and he optioned the screenplay written by Chazz Palmintieri, then very wisely and magnanimously allowed Palmintieri to receive co-star billing with him, even though the suits frowned at his idea. What a brilliant film, so obviously a labor of love for both men.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/06/01 12:58 AM

Very good film..I watch it every time it is on....Not a Godfather, but very good. Did you see how he slipped in that Black/white thing just like Bobby DeNiro likes in real life...

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/09/01 04:39 AM

By any chance do you know who Bobby Deniro is with now? I can't seem to catch wind of it anywhere.
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/09/01 12:47 PM

Silly question...Bob is the short version of Robert...
Posted By: SC

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/09/01 04:13 PM

Absolutely one of my favorite movies of all time. To me, "A Bronx Tale" was real-life copied to a "T".

I was the same age as Colagero ("C"), at the same time the movie took place, and the portrayal of the wise guys down at the Chez Bippy was very real (even though I grew up in Brooklyn, the Belmont section of the Bronx (in which this was supposed to have taken place) was very similar to my childhood.

The characters of Sonny and Lorenzo were excellently developed, and portrayed, and the music was pure heaven! (Great mix of "The Ten Commandments of Love" being played as the bikers get the stuffing beat out of them).
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/09/01 04:28 PM

Hey SC's back. Welcome back. Good timing too for the release date and all.
Posted By: SC

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/09/01 04:41 PM

Thanks, Turi....just visiting for now. Now all I gotta do is get a DVD player :rolleyes:
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/09/01 04:44 PM

Hey Alright! SC! Where you been at?
Posted By: Rocky

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/15/01 03:39 AM

An excellent movie. Palminteri did a great job, I'd like to see him in more movies.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/15/01 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Absolutely one of my favorite movies of all time. To me, "A Bronx Tale" was real-life copied to a "T".

I was the same age as Colagero ("C"), at the same time the movie took place, and the portrayal of the wise guys down at the Chez Bippy was very real (even though I grew up in Brooklyn, the Belmont section of the Bronx (in which this was supposed to have taken place) was very similar to my childhood.

The characters of Sonny and Lorenzo were excellently developed, and portrayed, and the music was pure heaven! (Great mix of "The Ten Commandments of Love" being played as the bikers get the stuffing beat out of them).

SC,

What a pleasure having you back! I agree with you about the portrayal of the wise guys. I too grew up in Brooklyn and had "The Club" right down the corner from my house. These guys acted exactly the same way, and all the kids looked up to them back then, wanting to act just like they did. Bronx Tale was so on the mark! By the way, did you know that the parts in the movie where the black kids hung out, by the train station
( the store gets firebombed ) were actually filmed on Gravesend Neck Road in Brooklyn, aroung East 16th street by the elevated train line?

Good to have you posting again my friend!

Don Cardi

Re: A Bronx Tale - 10/16/01 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Thanks, Turi....just visiting for now. Now all I gotta do is get a DVD player :rolleyes:

Thanks. Now I don't feel so bad for not having the DVD player yet.
Thank God one of my friends has one at least.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET