Home

To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat

Posted By: FireHawk

To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat - 09/06/21 05:45 PM

taking this from another forum I posted a while back

[Linked Image]

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner”

What an incredible film.. I watched it a couple days ago and to me its still the most epic and ambitious crime film of all time.

Now i want to differentiate something real quick. I don't think its the greatest crime film, in terms of overall quality. There a bunch of scorsese crime films and others that i would rate above Heat. But in terms of scale I think its the biggest that I have seen

from the various characters, subplots, the representation of Los Angeles. The soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHJCrpvYyMo and

the greatest shootout scene in cinema history. On surround sound this whole thing is majestic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc

I don't recognize it as the best crime film ever but i do think in terms of scale i think it's the most epic crime film.

P.S would you guys consider this an Organized Crime film, out of curiosity
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat - 09/06/21 07:32 PM

A loose definition of Organized Crime is several individuals acting in concert to conduct an ongoing criminal enterprise,so it could be interpreted as such.

Under the common usage,we tend to think of organized crime in terms of the Italian Mafia / Cosa Nostra.

Given that interpretation,I wouldn't call it an OC film.

However,I absolutely agree that it one of the best Heist/Caper movies ever. It is in the vein of the Ocean's series,Layer Cake,and Ronin.to name a few,but it rises so far above all of them.

Until something else comes along,(if that's even possible),I concur with your spot-on characterization of this being the definitive winner.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat - 10/02/21 11:22 PM

It's my all time favorite movie!! I have the huge movie poster hanging on my wall.

Posted By: Irishman12

Re: To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat - 10/03/21 12:25 AM

I'm guessing you've never seen THE GODFATHER, GOODFELLAS, or THE DEPARTED?

Re: To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat - 10/03/21 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Irishman12
I'm guessing you've never seen THE GODFATHER, GOODFELLAS, or THE DEPARTED?

Not saying it's the best crime film just my favorite one others like Scarface more.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat - 10/03/21 07:33 PM

It is the best heist movie out there.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat - 10/08/21 07:32 PM

Before I read the OP Eastwood Unforgiven and Jon Voit Runaway Train came to mind but I'll have to agree with your reasoning.

What did you think of Town? Great final shootout.

Heat was a bit of a letdown due to all the hype, but I still really like it and will watch it any time.

Re: To this day no crime film has felt as epic as Heat - 10/10/21 11:42 PM

I love the film because it was visually incredible, pure cinematic art. Michael Mann at his best! For years he has been toying with the idea for a prequel.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET