Home

Uncut Gems

Posted By: BugsyM

Uncut Gems - 09/24/19 05:58 PM

Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Uncut Gems - 09/25/19 08:11 AM

Intriguing underworld movie.

A24’s “A Most Violent Year” is such un underrated gem. A great, gritty and stylish mob drama.

So I’m definitely going to give this one a shot.
Posted By: BugsyM

Re: Uncut Gems - 09/25/19 02:29 PM

Oscar talk already for Sandler

https://nypost.com/2019/09/24/why-uncut-gems-is-adam-sandlers-oscar-movie-no-joke/

Re: Uncut Gems - 12/31/19 09:24 PM

“Uncut Gems” is getting amazing reviews. Adam’s character supposedly has a run in with the Armenian and/or “Jewish” mob. Dunno which one exactly. I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m intrigued by whatever new underworld reality the movie will portray.
Posted By: tommy_milan

Re: Uncut Gems - 02/01/20 07:16 PM

Now on Netflix
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Uncut Gems - 02/01/20 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by tommy_milan
Now on Netflix

International, not in the States yet I've heard

Re: Uncut Gems - 02/02/20 08:53 AM

I truly recommend this movie. 8/10.

Not a mob movie per se, yet is a fantastic sneak peek of the life of a gambler in NYC.

And it features one of the scariest debt collector/hired gun I’ve ever seen since Anton Chiguhr in No Country For Old Men. I’m not even kidding, whenever Keith William Richards’ character “Phil” was on screen I had no idea how it was gonna end. A real sociopath, with cold dead eyes.
The fact that this guy is not a trained actor like Javier Bardem makes it obviously better. You know he’s been through real stuff that led him to be like that.

I bet all the guys on here who rubbed elbows with street goons, hustlers and associates will agree that his performance has got to be the closest we civilians get to see of real underworld mastiffs.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Uncut Gems - 02/03/20 03:46 PM

I thought this was pretty good! A fresh take on the genre. Apart from a small lag in the middle it had good tension all the way through and did a good job of keeping you on the edge of your seat. The viewer kind of feels as if they are in the middle of it.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Uncut Gems - 04/16/20 01:50 AM

I thought it was good! You can't miss any of it or you'll lose a lot as the movie is real fast pace but very good!
Posted By: Jamesbontate33

Re: Uncut Gems - 05/02/20 05:01 AM

At first I wasn't sure considering most of the movies Sandler is in are goofy funny type, but god damn did he ever do a good job on this. And the tough guy Richard Williams I think was so convincing as a tough guy . One of the best movies I've seen in awhile. Makes me never wanna gamble lol
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Uncut Gems - 05/05/20 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbontate33
At first I wasn't sure considering most of the movies Sandler is in are goofy funny type, but god damn did he ever do a good job on this. And the tough guy Richard Williams I think was so convincing as a tough guy . One of the best movies I've seen in awhile. Makes me never wanna gamble lol

Yep I figured there was no way Sandler could do such a serious role but he knocked this one out of the park.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Uncut Gems - 05/06/20 12:20 AM

Definitely one of his better roles. I personally feel he got snubbed for a nomination but no one was beating Phoenix for JOKER.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET