Home

A Most Violent Year

Posted By: Dandi

A Most Violent Year - 01/07/15 09:44 AM

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o87gG7ZlEAg

Believe it's already been released in the States. Anyone seen it? Thoughts?
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: A Most Violent Year - 01/28/15 10:58 PM

Looks good, I am seeing it soon and will get back here on it.
Posted By: tommy_milan

Re: A Most Violent Year - 02/03/15 06:44 PM

Great film,boring and frustrating but a great melodrama. It's not a gangster film like they are promoting it but more a drama about a man who faces potential fianancial ruin. Frustrating because you want the big gangster film but the film,costumes,backdrop of New York 1981 are stunning on the eye.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: A Most Violent Year - 02/03/15 07:00 PM

Are they?How come they don't make gangster movies anymore,good gangsyer movies.I watched Iceman it sucked,saw Blood ties not bad.Are there any good NEW mafia/mobster/gangster movies?I have a fealing it all ended with the Sopranos.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: A Most Violent Year - 02/03/15 09:20 PM

This was just some guys trying to make a buck movie.

I don't give a shit about this guy or his nice wife.

I am more interested in the hijackers who stole from one and sold to another to make some money. What's the big deal and it is a kind of a true story.

These were thieves that is how thieves make money.
Posted By: Terence

Re: A Most Violent Year - 04/18/15 07:56 PM

Black Mass appears to show some promise along with the confirmation of the Scorsese take on the book "I Heard You Paint Houses", but I have a feeling that we'll be waiting a fuckin long time for that one.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: A Most Violent Year - 04/19/15 11:23 AM

I saw the movie. The trailer made it seem like a mob movie, but it's not. I enjoyed it anyway, some good chase scenes.

Re: A Most Violent Year - 04/20/15 06:37 PM

I saw blood ties when he Made up his mind to do something he was all business

Re: A Most Violent Year - 08/23/15 12:59 PM

Just finished watching this movie. It only took me 14 days over two months to see it all.

I wish I had the star of this movies hair. He lets a high jacker go in the subway when he could have shot him the sound muffled the shot by the train passing. What a fucking idiot for not doing it.

I knew people who used to make part of their living by high jacking fuel oil trucks.

Re: A Most Violent Year - 08/23/15 01:01 PM

Now who has not switched from fuel oil to gas
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: A Most Violent Year - 06/05/22 05:29 PM

I’m inclined to believe that Michael Franzese was the inspiration for bourgeois gangster Paul Forente (portrayed by Alessandro Nivola). Handsome and well dressed, involved in the gas business, had a father who was mobbed up and decided to follow a different path as he says quote: “I decided to act differently than my father.” Also the last name “Forente” is a pretty clear references.

Fantastic movie, btw, one of my favorites.

Re: A Most Violent Year - 06/05/22 05:31 PM

Posted By: Irishman12

Re: A Most Violent Year - 06/05/22 09:09 PM

I need to revisit this but from my recollection, this film tried too hard to be something that it's not.

Re: A Most Violent Year - 06/05/22 10:51 PM

I agree that the marketing campaign failed (or just lied to attract more people) when it sold it as a legit crime/mob film while it was a business and family drama with crime elements. They few action sequences and chases were pretty good though.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET