Home

OUATIA Director's Cut

Posted By: pizzaboy

OUATIA Director's Cut - 09/22/14 01:10 AM

Okay, I usually hate it when they keep re-releasing old movies just to make an extra buck with a new package. But this is pretty big news if you're a "Once Upon a Time in America" fan.

There's a director's cut coming out on DVD and Blu-Ray on September 30th which includes almost a half hour of never before seen footage. This will be the closest thing to Leone's original vision, so I'm REALLY looking forward to it. It got a stellar review in today's NY Post.

Just be forewarned, if you hate the idea of the 1968 scenes being an opium induced dream, the new cut seems to support that theory (according to the review in today's Post, anyway).

Article: http://nypost.com/2014/09/21/fresh-once-upon-a-time-in-america-cut-worth-every-second/

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time-Ame...;qid=1411361846
Posted By: Camarel

Re: OUATIA Director's Cut - 09/22/14 01:35 AM

Thanks for this PB. The only movie(s) i'd prefer the original cut from is Orson Welles: The Magnificent Ambersons or any of Welles films that the studio meddled in.

Re: OUATIA Director's Cut - 09/22/14 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Thanks for this PB. The only movie(s) i'd prefer the original cut from is Orson Welles: The Magnificent Ambersons or any of Welles films that the studio meddled in.

Yeah, well, OUTIA was probably the most meddled with film of all time, and as a result it got panned upon its initial release. But when they finally released the extended cut on VHS, it went on to be considered one of the best films of the decade. And I'm hoping this cut makes it that much better smile.
Posted By: cheech

Re: OUATIA Director's Cut - 09/22/14 01:24 PM

PB tipped me off to this offline about a month ago, maybe more. pumped that it is almost here. one of my all time favorite movies. im going to sit down with a charlotte russe and watch it alone in my movie room.

cannot f'n wait!

and im ok with everything being an opium dream. my life is one

Re: OUATIA Director's Cut - 09/22/14 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
im going to sit down with a charlotte russe and watch it alone in my movie room.

Bring Peggy with you. She's a real slut for sweets grin.

Re: OUATIA Director's Cut - 09/22/14 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
im going to sit down with a charlotte russe and watch it alone in my movie room.

holding out for Debra

Re: OUATIA Director's Cut - 09/22/14 06:28 PM

holding out for Debra

You already have a wife who's out of your league. Don't get greedy.

Re: OUATIA Director's Cut - 09/22/14 06:42 PM

holding out for Debra

You already have a wife who's out of your league. Don't get greedy.

Can't argue that lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET