Home

Colombo

Posted By: Dynamic

Colombo - 07/26/12 03:21 AM

Do you guys know of any movies or books about the Colombo family I could watch or read? Or any movies based on them with perhaps the names changed? Thanks.
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Colombo - 07/26/12 05:52 AM

I wish man. Haven't been able to find anything. It's Hollywood gold though. All the drama and intrigue during the wars. Altho there was a project in development called...

The Last Mob War
dunno what happened with that tho..
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: Colombo - 08/15/12 03:05 AM

Michael Franzese has several books called Blood Covenant, The Good, The Bad, The Forgiven, I'll make you an offer you cant refuse and This Thing Of Ours - Michael Franzese was a Caporegime for the Colombo Family for the 1980s. Franzese was portrayed in Goodfellas at the Club scene at the start, Franzese's father is now 95 and Franzese entered the WPP to cover his ass from a 40 year jail sentence.
Posted By: Big Alex

Re: Colombo - 10/10/12 09:13 PM

"The Gang that Couldn't Shoot Straight" by Jimmy Breslin. About or based on The Profaci/Gallo war of the early 1960s. Not the best book I've ever read, not the worst either.
Posted By: PeeWeeRamposo

Re: Colombo - 10/11/12 06:53 AM

"The Sinatra Club" by Sal Polisi
"The Sixth Family" by Pete Diapoulous
"The Mad Ones" by Tom Folsom

All deal primarily with the Colombos.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Colombo - 10/28/12 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Dynamic
Do you guys know of any movies or books about the Colombo family I could watch or read? Or any movies based on them with perhaps the names changed? Thanks.

"Body Mike" by Thoms C. Renner and Joseph Cantalupo is a very good read.
Joey Cantalupo worked in his fatherĀ“s real estate company where Colombo used an office. And at times, Cantalupo worked as a personal notary to Carlo Gambino.
At the fringes of the mob, he dealt a lot with the Persicos but fell out of favor with them. This resulted in Cantalupo wearing a wire and testyfing against many Colombo wiswguys in the early 1980s. The book is a good read!
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Colombo - 11/02/12 09:58 AM

there was a website about an upcoming "Movie" about the Colombo wars of the early 90s. cant remember it, maybe Dapper_Don knows it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET