Home

Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show

Posted By: AmericanCrime

Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/10/11 12:46 PM

Never saw a thread about this show. It's surprising cause it's one of the finest Irish Mob media pieces of all time IMO. Also a sort of very loose adaptation of the Bulger story and dynamic he had with his brother.

I've heard it described as an Irish Mob Sopranos (minus the humour) meet the Wire (at least the local political intrigue).

So thoughts.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/13/11 06:41 AM

it was a great show i must say
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/13/11 08:49 AM

Yes, really enjoyed this show. Shame they only made the three series!
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/13/11 08:06 PM

It is one of the best series i ever saw, to bad it was cancelled at season 3. Sopranos, The Wire and Brotherhood are the best series ever made.

Re: Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/15/11 06:12 AM

Yeah it sucks. Left on such a cliffhanger. Sometimes I find myself wondering what would of became of Mike Cafee. Hmpf
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/15/11 02:16 PM

He was based on Bulger right?

Re: Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/16/11 11:18 AM

Yeah, I'd say. With the politician brother and the secret informer status they share alot of similarities
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/17/11 11:04 PM

You're right, there's no thread on for the show. Which is weird because we've talked about it heaps on the boards. Great, underrated show.

Funny thing is that critics and nearly everybody else agreed; it was a great fuckin' show. The writing, the acting...Jason "Lucius Malfoy" Isaac was awesome in the role of Michael. They just struggled for viewers the whole way through. Which sucked. I havn't wanted an extra series for a cancelled show so bad since Carnivale got axed.

Yeah thats right. Carnivale. Shut-up. I fuckin' loved that show. And all I got was two seasons. Assholes.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Brotherhood - Showtimes Irish Mob show - 11/28/11 02:18 PM

I always liked this show. I think it came out when other more popular shows were at their peaks.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET