Home

Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies...

Posted By: YukonCorneleone

Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 07/28/11 09:57 PM

Thought this would be an interesting discussion. You can either list fiction or non-fiction.

Personally, I'd like to see "Gangster" by Lorenzo Carcaterra.

BTW, we are talking about a major full-length motion picture, not made for tv.
Posted By: SC

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 07/28/11 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: YukonCorneleone

The book was just OK in my opinion; nothing special. If you'd like to see a good movie based on one of Carcaterra's books, see "Sleepers" (with Robert de Niro).
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 07/29/11 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

The book was just OK in my opinion; nothing special. If you'd like to see a good movie based on one of Carcaterra's books, see "Sleepers" (with Robert de Niro).
sleepers is a great underated movie with some great mob elements

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 07/29/11 04:32 PM

I agree. Sleepers was an excellent movie. Never read the book

I would like to see a movie based on Arnold "The Brain" Rothstein
I think these actors would do a good job with the right script:

Tom Wilkinson
Liev Schreiber
Ralph Fiennes
Jason Isaacs
Clive Owen
Daniel Day-Lewis
John Cusack?

Any thoughts?
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/09/11 05:48 PM

While he isn't the main character we are getting a lot of exposure to Rothstein from Boardwalk Empire.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/13/11 04:11 AM

The Sixth Family by Peter Diapolous or The Mad Ones by Tom Folsom.

Basically I would really like to see a good movie made about Crazy Joe Gallo and the Gallo brothers.
Posted By: ht2

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/13/11 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino
While he isn't the main character we are getting a lot of exposure to Rothstein from Boardwalk Empire.

Also in the baseball film "Eight Men Out".
Posted By: ht2

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/13/11 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
The Sixth Family by Peter Diapolous or The Mad Ones by Tom Folsom.

Basically I would really like to see a good movie made about Crazy Joe Gallo and the Gallo brothers.

I think this is already in the works based on Folsom's book. I didn't see it but the one made in the '70's had Peter Boyle as Joe Gallo (not much of a resemblance).
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/16/11 06:32 AM

The beginning chapters of Blood and Honor. Emphasis on Angelo Bruno, revolving around his death and the Tony Caponigro betrayal. Bruno would be a fascinating character. A competent earner, but ultimately shortsighted who had to deal with an absolute communication barrier between himself and the new generation.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/19/11 12:31 AM

I'd like to see The Westies by T.J. English, or a Whitey Bulger movie that is all Whitey Bulger (not The Departed).
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/19/11 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
I'd like to see The Westies by T.J. English

You might want to see State of Grace which is about the Westies, although somewhat fictional.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 11/28/11 02:13 PM

I'd love to see a movie on Jimmy Coonan and Mickey Featherstone

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 11/30/11 05:01 AM

murder machine or blood and honor....
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 12/12/11 08:10 AM

Gotta say Murder Machine and Westies for me
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 12/12/11 02:28 PM

When i read about the Riccobene wars in Philly, i get the creeps. Would love to see a movie of it, just imagine. Movie starts in the dark streets of Philly. A car pulls over, its old Bruno. And the first action scene is him getting clipped. And then the story goes on and ends with Caramandi testifying.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 12/12/11 05:37 PM

Now that's the way to start a movie. I'd love to see a movie on the Philly mob. Just to freshen things up. I still the love the NYC groups, but a little breather is always good.

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 12/13/11 05:52 AM

the philly scarfo era would be the best. i dont know if the gen public would like it tho. just us mob nerds
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 12/13/11 10:05 AM

Maybe people would like it if its based on Merlino, hes a flashy gangster after all.
Posted By: Celebel

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 12/24/11 06:35 PM

Biography of Arnold Rothstein. I read the Pietrusza one, but the other may be better, with more authentic quotes and entertaining occurrences.
It just begs to be filmed, IMHO, as it has everything a good gangster movie needs.

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/08/12 09:55 PM

Hey guys!
Wanted to get some feedback. I'm currently writing a fiction novel about life in the New Orleans mob.
I'm just wondering what kind of widespread interest there might be on this type of book. It will be more like a historical fiction type novel, with a few real life gangsters thrown in.
I would be interested in your opinions.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/08/12 10:39 PM

Hey guys!
Wanted to get some feedback. I'm currently writing a fiction novel about life in the New Orleans mob.
I'm just wondering what kind of widespread interest there might be on this type of book. It will be more like a historical fiction type novel, with a few real life gangsters thrown in.
I would be interested in your opinions.

I don't know much about the New Orleaans mob but if you're trying to generateinterest you should include the jfk assassination and Clay Shaw.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/09/12 10:46 AM

Double Cross,nice book...would be a nice movie too
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/09/12 02:20 PM

Denis Lehane's Darkness, Take My Hand...
I've never felt so uneasy and anxious while reading a book before.
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/13/12 04:11 PM

The Butcher by Philip Carlo even though the Bonanno family has already been shown in movies. I would also like to see a movie made about the Philadelphia Mob, on how Nicky Scarfo rose to the boss of the organization.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/13/12 08:08 PM

Murder Machine
Posted By: Mark

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/17/12 12:31 AM

http://www.allreaders.com/topics/info_8603.asp

"Everybody Pays" by Chicago newspapermen Rick Kogan & Maurice Possley. It's a true story about a regular guy who witnesses a Chicago Outfit hit by the infamous Harry Aleman. His life and family are ruined as a result. Very intriguing story.
Posted By: Fat_Ralph

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/20/12 05:45 AM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino

Indeed, this is truly the best show on TV right now...
Sleepers was an excellent movie all around, apparently a true to life story about Carcaterra's life as a child...
State of grace was also a great flick, Gary Oldman was good in that movie, as he was in "True Romance" as Drexyl the drug dealing pimp who was Mob-affiliated...
Id like to see a Movie about the Joey Massino book "The last GodFather" also one about the maniac Tommy Pitera the book "The Butcher" by Philip Carlo was a god book... I knew alot of the stuff already from the Mobsters episode about him..
Posted By: Fat_Ralph

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/20/12 05:51 AM

Id also like to see a Movie made about the New England Mafia aka the Office, I mean Raymond L.S. Patriarca SR, reigned for more than 30yrs until his death in 1984, I cant recall the book I read about the family--actually Ive read two different ones, Im sure some of the big dogs on here know the books I mean there aiint that many about the N.E. faction as it is..
Posted By: oldirtyfishkilla

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 08/29/12 04:35 PM

The Hammer Conspiracies by Frank Aloi about the Rochester Family. It was in production in the 80's and I guess it got shelved. Can't find a whisper about it.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 03/01/13 06:01 PM

Yes, a movie about th Philly cosa nostra would be great.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 03/01/13 06:02 PM

I also think that the book "Havana Nocturne" could be turned into an awesome movie.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 12/27/13 02:03 AM

Blood and Honor for me.
Posted By: Virgil_the_Mick

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 01/03/14 07:48 PM

I'd love to see a well-produced, mini-series dramatization of John L. Smith's biography of the Mob's Attorney, the Dean of Martinis, the Happiest Mayor in the World... Oscar Goodman ("Of Rats and Men.") Netflix is doing wonderful things with their original series; this could really be a project for them. But sadly, I don't believe we'll see a screen-dramatization of Oscar's epic ego and epic drive until after he's gone.

"Gone?"

Gone.

He was truly the godfather of the courtroom. As much as I want to see this as a movie, I'll no less say, "long live Oscar."
Posted By: Iceman999

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 01/04/14 02:17 AM

Murder Machine definitely, but there's no one out there that really looks that much like the people in that book. I mean Ray Liotta as Roy DeMeo in that Iceman movie?!? No thank you.

Also, if they ever did make a Murder Machine film they should use scratch and sniff cards for the scene where Montiglio stays over for dinner at the Horror Hotel with the two bodies being bled out in the bathroom. Also, they'd definitely need to get Savini to the special make-up effects.

And another vote for Blood and Honor as well, although can't think of anyone acting today that would be good to play Scarfo.
Posted By: Torrie1

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 02/17/14 12:17 AM

Mafia wife would be great in a movie and how come there has never been a book written about Gerry Pappa
Posted By: DBCooper

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 02/17/14 11:12 AM

- A movie called "The Gemini Method" about Murder Machine and the book by Roy DeMeos Son Albert

- "The Irishman" with Robert DeNiro as Frank Sheeran

- The Philip Carlo Iceman book starring Mickey Rourke as Kuklinski including the hits on Hoffa, Galante and Castellano with Sammy Gravano, Gotti, DeMeo as Charakters in the movie.^^

- A Movie about Tommy Pitera

- A Movie about Robert De Niro as Carlos Marcello, Joe Pesci as Santo Trafficante and Jack Nicholson as Jimmy Hoffa^^

- A Movie about Vincent "The Chin" Gigante whould also cool
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 03/24/14 05:38 PM

Gaspipe needs to be told. Those guys were absolutely nuts. So many murders and crazy behavior. Michael Imperioli (typecast as he may be) at looks like Anthony. Wass Stevens as Vic. He's the actor from house of Cards that got in a fight with Peter Russo.

Philly from 1970's-present plays better as a miniseries. Large cast, extensive scope. Start with Bruno, end it with Ligambi getting off.

If they could have done it right, Gangster Squad would have been a better film. The book simply had too much info for a two hour movie. And "studio picture" is putting that star studded crap nicely. It's really a shame because the book was a phenomenal read with lots of info on not just Mickey, but Dragna's outfit as well.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Books You'd Like To See made Into Movies... - 03/25/14 05:42 PM

The "mafia cops" would make a good movie or mini-series...."i heard you paint houses"would also make a good movie...."the last godfathers"about liggio,riina,and provenzano...theres a bunch id like to see.of course u gott remember no movie is better then the book usually
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET