Home

For The Sins of My Father (book)

Posted By: DiMaggio68

For The Sins of My Father (book) - 07/12/09 06:06 AM

This is a very great book about the life of Gambino Capo Roy Demeo. Roy was a very notorious New York mafioso. I read the book twice.

Al Pacino- "It's a fugazi?"

Johnny Depp- "The diamond ring is a fugazi."

Al Pacino- "Yeah I know what a fugazi is, but how do you know that's a fugazi? You looked at it for two fuckin seconds."

Johnny Depp- "Go head and sell it if you wanna be a dumbsky."

Al Pacino- "You calling me a dumbsky?"

Posted By: SC

Re: For The Sins of My Father - 07/12/09 01:23 PM

I found the book to be self-serving and not very informative.
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: For The Sins of My Father - 07/19/09 12:40 PM

i enjoyed it alot it was a sons perspective of his fathers criminal life and i was hooked
Posted By: DiMaggio68

Re: For The Sins of My Father - 07/20/09 07:13 AM

It was an interesting and intense book about a son of a New York mafia capo.
Posted By: SimoneMC

Re: For The Sins of My Father - 06/24/10 05:53 PM

I just finished reading this book. I want to guess that the book was partly written as therapy for the author after the events he describes in the last few chapters where he finds himself suffering with PTSD.

As far as the actual events go, I found it an interesting perspective on being the son of a major crime figure. He told it as the dutiful son, and I think he maintained that voice throughout the entire narrative. I found myself wondering what I would have thought/felt/done if I'd grown up in that same environment.

It probably isn't a wealth of information about the lives of crime families, but I thought it was a well told story that flowed easily from beginning to end.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: For The Sins of My Father - 06/25/10 11:33 PM

It was a good book. It's tough to read books about mobsters that their children write because they never portray them for what they were. I give Albert credit he does say his father was wrong and he deserved what he got. This is definetly better than Victoria Gotti's book where she said that sure her father murdered a ton of people but they deserved it and he was a great man
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET