Home

Bugsy the extended cut

Posted By: Paul Pisano

Bugsy the extended cut - 02/09/08 04:41 PM

I am wondering if anybody has viewed the movie. I just finished watching the original cut on dvd and was wondering if I should purchase the extened cut with Warren Beatty.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 02/10/08 05:02 PM

"Bugsy" is one of those films that keeps getting better with each viewing. I own both, and I don't find the extended cut "Bugsy" to be a meaningful improvement over the original. It has a few extended scenes, one of which shows Bugsy agonizing after killing Harry "Big Greenie" Greenburg (Eliot Gould). It's not a very good scene.
(BTW: in real life, Greenie did go to the West Coast to escape the NYC mobsters he'd ratted out, but he didn't hole up with Bugsy--he tried to avoid Bugsy. And Bugsy didn't shoot him. Bugsy tracked him down and drove a getaway car for the triggermen: Allie (Tick Tock) Tannenbaum of Murder Inc. and Frankie (Mr. Gray) Carbo of the Mangano Mafia family. They were sent to the Coast to whack Greenie. Carbo later ran the boxing rackets for the Mob.)
Posted By: chopper

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 02/11/08 09:19 AM

Bugsy is a great film as you said Turnbull it gets better with each viewing
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 02/29/08 11:05 AM

I have Bugsy on video which reminds me...
I must purchase it on DVD and watch it again...

Great movie!
Posted By: Lompac

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 09/18/08 01:33 AM

Bugsy is a really great film. I'm about to get this one.
Posted By: pfaff_luhver

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 03/26/09 08:42 PM

Bugsy Malone? I haven't heard of this story for so long!
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 03/27/09 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: pfaff_luhver

Yeah, Bugsy Malone! I'll tell you the real story right here on the boards:

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran custard into Chicago -- made a fortune. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a speakeasy out of a stop-over for GI's on the way to the local bar. That kid's name was Bugsy Malone -- and the Speakeasy he invented was Fat Sam's Grandstand. This was a great kid -- a kid with vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a custard cream splurge through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Bugsy -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 03/27/09 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: pfaff_luhver

Yeah, Bugsy Malone! I'll tell you the real story right here on the boards:

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran custard into Chicago -- made a fortune. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a speakeasy out of a stop-over for GI's on the way to the local bar. That kid's name was Bugsy Malone -- and the Speakeasy he invented was Fat Sam's Grandstand. This was a great kid -- a kid with vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a custard cream splurge through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Bugsy -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!

Ha-ha , pretty good DC. lol
I remember watching that movie growing up.

"We could of been anything that we wanted to be,
But don't it make your heart glad,
That we decided a fact we take pride in,
To become the best at being bad
"

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 03/27/09 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Lilo

Ha-ha , pretty good DC. lol
I remember watching that movie growing up.

"We could of been anything that we wanted to be,
But don't it make your heart glad,
That we decided a fact we take pride in,
To become the best at being bad
"

lol

My favorite song from that movie was Down and Out

Down, down, down, down, down, down, down and out
Down, down, down, down, down, down, down and out

You don't have to sit around
Complaining 'bout the way your life has wound up
Think of all the time you waste
And time's a precious thing to let go by

Sure you've hit the bottom
But remember you'll be building from the ground up
Ev'ry day's another step
That takes you even closer to the sky, so give a try

Some of the singing voices that they matched to the actors was just hilarious! lol

It's a fun movie. Haven't seen it in years and years.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 03/29/09 09:32 PM

I just picked up the 2 disk extended version on eBay for $5.99 new. I haven't received it yet though.

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 03/30/09 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I just picked up the 2 disk extended version on eBay for $5.99 new. I haven't received it yet though.

Bugsy with Warren Beatty or Bugsy Malone with Scott Baio?
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 03/30/09 12:58 AM

Bugsy. Not Bugsy Malone. wink
Posted By: Benjamin_Bugsy_Siegel

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 02/24/10 05:29 AM

i like the extended-cut better... especially the scene where the guy on the movie set, tries to herb Siegel (without knowin who Siegel was). but then when hes told by Raft, the movie guy looks as if hes about to have an instant bowel movement out of fear...
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Bugsy the extended cut - 03/01/10 12:38 AM

I never knew there was an extended cut of Bugsy I might as well pick that one up instead of the original cut, as I have neither on on DVD
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET