Home

Goodfellas Appreciation Thread

Posted By: xNamexTakenx

Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 09/30/07 08:07 PM

I saw that there wasn't an official Goodfellas thread. So, I deciced to make one. I hope nobody's angry at me, though. I know there was already a dialogue game, but there wasn't an official thread. So, here, you talk about it: your reviews and such. Anyway, I really liked this movie. I saw it today, and it's great! Robert De Niro's a great actor, and so is Ray Liotta. This story tells the rise and fall of a Mafiaso. To me, it's kinda like Blow. So, what about everybody else? What did you think?
Posted By: chopper

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 09/30/07 08:18 PM

welcome to the boards
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 09/30/07 09:40 PM

Great movie. I like the realism of the movie as its gritty. Great acting and some great music also. My second favourite Mob movie after the godfather (part 1 and 2).
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 10/01/07 01:52 PM

Yup!
Great,great movie
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 10/01/07 02:00 PM

My 2nd all time fav movie

After GF2

Ive seen this film dozens of times and never get bored of watching this.My fav scene being the Batts murder and the scene leading to the murder..
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 10/01/07 02:49 PM

The best movie of the Nineties, IMO.
It's that rare film whose great length actually makes you want more, due to Scorsese's matchless directorial talent. It moves--one fast-paced scene after another, no lulls, no letup, constantly held together with excellent narrative and context. Plus, a rich vein of often dry humor. Wonderful performances all around. I thought Liotta at times played Henry Hill as too much of a choirboy, but then again, it added to the almost ingenue quality of Hill's life as Scorsese imagined it--fit right in with the opening statement, "Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a gangster."

I also agree about the Batts scene. It's the personification of Scorsese's ability to make even carefully scripted scenes look spontaneous and natural. I used to keep a copy of "Goodfellas" in my office, and my subordinates and I viewed it (and other movies) whenever things were getting too high-pressured. The Batts scene was always the most-requested.
Posted By: xNamexTakenx

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 10/01/07 04:11 PM

Yes, I must agree. Martin Scorsese is an awesome director! The Batts scene was really good. "Go get your shine box." \:D

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 11/23/07 11:55 AM

I havn't watched this for a few months ,think its bout time i did..
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 11/24/07 05:56 PM

You can never watch "Goodfellas" too often. It's one of those films that gets better with each viewing.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 11/26/07 09:33 PM

I recently re-evaluated and re-compiled my entire film database. Of the many films I've seen, only 21 have four stars. Four of them are Scorsese movies: Mean Streets, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Goodfellas.

I'm planning a Scorsese retrospective over Christmas.

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 11/26/07 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: xNamexTakenx
To me, it's kinda like Blow.
I've always criticised Blow as a limp imitation of Scorsese's film. The old "rise and fall" narrative arc, and the style in general is very much like Scorsese's way of storytelling.

Not as good, though.

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 11/26/07 10:55 PM

Just watched this film again for the millionth time and its still great to watch, the soundtrack get getter and the acting also.
I was watching it with the g/f and she couldn't wait for it to finish and i didn't want it to end.Shes not really inot gangster films.

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 11/27/07 12:33 AM

Dump her. Forget the poem. \:p

Re: Goodfellas Appreciation Thread - 11/27/07 10:12 AM

I couldn't do that as i refused to go and see Ratatouille so we are even.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET