Home

a bronx tale

Posted By: celtic1888

a bronx tale - 01/15/07 07:15 PM

in my opinion it's up there with the best of them doubt de niro will ever better it as a director.
Posted By: finsnasty84

Re: a bronx tale - 01/15/07 07:23 PM

yea its very good.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: a bronx tale - 01/15/07 07:34 PM

Aqain a very good film,but very underatted in the movie world,i always enjoy watching this film.. Chazz and Deniro great in this film
Posted By: whisper

Re: a bronx tale - 07/13/07 09:52 AM

I just bought and watched this yesterday.I had wanted to watch it for ages.I liked alot.I was intrigued to see how De Niro went about directing the film.He imo did a great job.I enjoyed the story line but i thought the guy who played his son C,wasn't a very good actor.I dont know,he was shitting me alot for some reason.
A great film though.It came free with another movie with De Niro called Night and the city.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: a bronx tale - 07/13/07 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under
i thought the guy who played his son C,wasn't a very good actor.I dont know,he was shitting me alot for some reason.

Now he's probably literally shitting his pants sitting in jail awaiting trial for killing a cop.

Re: a bronx tale - 07/13/07 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
i thought the guy who played his son C,wasn't a very good actor.I dont know,he was shitting me alot for some reason.

Now he's probably literally shitting his pants sitting in jail awaiting trial for killing a cop.

Seriously???I actually had no idea about that.Is there a thread or post about it on this site anywhere???
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: a bronx tale - 07/13/07 06:32 PM

Seriously???I actually had no idea about that.Is there a thread or post about it on this site anywhere???

Just google Lilo Brancato.

Re: a bronx tale - 07/13/07 06:35 PM

Here is a thread we did here on the story.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post218724

Re: a bronx tale - 07/13/07 06:40 PM

Cool,thanks for that.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: a bronx tale - 07/13/07 07:23 PM

In an interview that DeNiro gave to the NYTimes Magazine while he was directing "Bronx Tale," DeNiro said he chose unknown kid actor Brancato for the role because Brancato sent him a videotape of himself doing "Godfather" and "Goodfellas" imitations. DeNiro was so amused that he not only hired Brancato, but, during the interview, kept calling him into his trailer and telling him, "Lino, do Al...Lino, do Frankie Pentangeli..."
Hell, on that basis I should have sent DeNiro a tape of me doing my schticks--I coulda been a contenduh... ;\)
Posted By: olivant

Re: a bronx tale - 07/14/07 02:54 AM

I love Bronx Tale. The songs are great. Its moral tale is good also.

I am surprised though that one can simply send a star a tape and they'll listen to or view it. Is it that simple?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: a bronx tale - 07/20/07 10:28 PM

I always enjoy the biker scene where they kick the shit out of them,the look on there faces.great sound track to go with it..
Posted By: olivant

Re: a bronx tale - 07/20/07 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I always enjoy the biker scene where they kick the shit out of them,the look on there faces.great sound track to go with it..

That is a great scene. How about what Sonny says after he locks the door: "Now yoos can't leave."

And what ever happened to that black girl? She was supposed to be a singer.
Posted By: Meggie

Re: a bronx tale - 07/21/07 02:11 AM

She was in a few music videos. I loved that movie.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: a bronx tale - 07/22/07 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
That is a great scene. How about what Sonny says after he locks the door: "Now yoos can't leave."

That is by far the best line in the movie!
Posted By: SC

Re: a bronx tale - 07/22/07 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
 Originally Posted By: olivant

That is by far the best line in the movie!

I love that line too. The following scene was fantastic... when they show the faces of the bikers after they realized their mistake of invading the wrong bar (the long haired biker always reminds me of Willie Nelson).

Re: a bronx tale - 07/22/07 04:59 PM

I only just found out that A Bronx tale, is supposed to be a true story about Chazz Palminteri growing up in the bronx.

I think he's a great actor,underrated.

By the way did Lillo Brancato beat the charges??

Re: a bronx tale - 07/22/07 05:12 PM

I just love when all the other guys come storming into the bar from the back ready to rumble. It's one time in the movie when you feel they are the good guys.

I don't even think Lillo has gone to trial yet.
Posted By: SC

Re: a bronx tale - 07/22/07 05:40 PM

I don't even think Lillo has gone to trial yet.

There was a pre-trial hearing this past week. He's due back in court on September 24th.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: a bronx tale - 07/23/07 10:07 AM

Most likely!

Re: a bronx tale - 07/23/07 04:14 PM

I know a few prison guards at Rikers. They told me that the NYC district attorney's office is really taking it's time with this case to be sure they get the conviction because it involves the murder of a police officer.

"Wasted talent." - How prophetic!

Re: a bronx tale - 07/25/07 09:41 AM

Is Rikers as grim a place as it sounds?
All prisons are grim obviously but some sound grimmer than others.....

Re: a bronx tale - 07/26/07 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Well, you wouldn't want to vacation there, that's for sure. However, in the big scheme of things, it's still only a city jail as opposed to a state prison.

Either way, I don't think you'd want to find out.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: a bronx tale - 07/27/07 06:27 PM

I would! Throw me in! I'd be running the place within a week.

"Yes, Mr. Capo, do whatever you want."

\:D

Re: a bronx tale - 07/30/07 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Well, you wouldn't want to vacation there, that's for sure. However, in the big scheme of things, it's still only a city jail as opposed to a state prison.

Either way, I don't think you'd want to find out.

True,true \:\)
I'd go to my local jail,Durham Franklands Prison and get the chance to throw boiling water mixed with sugar over detained terror suspects
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET