Home

Omerta or The Sicilian

Posted By: DonPalentino

Omerta or The Sicilian - 09/10/02 08:39 PM

which of these books do you like the best? I liked Omerta the best but The Sicilian is a great read as well.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 09/11/02 04:09 AM

i can't comment on this yet. i've read the Sicilian and have the Omerta which i bought at 50% off but have'nt started reading it.

GoodFella
Posted By: Lemans

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 09/11/02 06:11 PM

I liked The Sicilian quite a bit more than Omerta, although I liked Omerta a lot. So far The Sicilian is my favorite Puzo book.

I find Turi Guiliano at least as compelling aa Michael Corleone in The Godfather.
Posted By: TonySoprano

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 09/13/02 03:41 PM

Havent read the Sicilian yet but i have read Omerta and its good, from what ive heard i doubt itll be as good as the sicilian but nevertheless still a great book
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 09/13/02 08:58 PM

I read a book I like and usually like other books by the same author. My favorite Puzo book is The Godfather, but I still enjoyed almost all of his others. I could never get going with the Fortunate Pilgim. The Sicilian is a great book, made better by the fact that there it is based on a real person. Omerta, The Last Don, and the Fourth K were all good reads, but not on a level as the first 2 (in my opinion). I haven't tried The Family yet.

By the way, my 18 year old son read The Godfather and loved it. He asked me what book to read next and I suggested The Last Don because it seemed to be more similar in pot to the Godfather. He didn't care for it, but loved the Sicilian. That gives you two opinions - one from a young guy and one from an old guy like me.
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 09/14/02 03:11 AM

I just recently finished The Godfather so my next choice is the Sicilian.
Posted By: godfather88

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 09/26/02 12:27 AM

ive read the godfather and just finished the sicilian. i just started reading the omerta so i cant say which is better.
Posted By: Hagit

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 10/15/02 04:34 PM

Well I think The Sicilian is much better than Omerta... Partly becuase Michael is in it... partly becuase it's a beautiful story with such a sad ending, but I'm a woman and as the Godfather said women and children can be sentiment
Posted By: Don Mikey

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 10/16/02 12:56 AM

I like The Sicilian. It's definately my favorite Puzo book. I've read it about four times! I like Omerta too, but it just doesn't have that certain something for me like The Sicilian does.

By the way, I think it's terrible that Michael and Turi never met. "The Adventures of Michael and Turi." Now that would be a good book!
Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 10/17/02 11:50 PM

Omerta was my first Puzo book and I read it three times.
But the Sicilian is one of my favorites. Great storytelling and dialogue. Great secondary characters(my favorites: Stefan Andolini and Terranova)
El Siciliano es uno de mis favoritos!
(The Sicilian is one of my favoites!)
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 10/18/02 09:02 PM

I read The Godfather first, then Omerta, then Last Don and up till now thats the order I prefer them in..I have The sicilian, when I get time to read it I'll see just how good it is.

FH
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: Omerta or The Sicilian - 10/19/02 06:32 PM

great , more books to read......
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET