Home

How much do you think Puzo was worth?

Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

How much do you think Puzo was worth? - 02/24/02 11:55 PM

My guess is over $2,000,000. Anyone else?
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: How much do you think Puzo was worth? - 02/25/02 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Alessandro:
[b]My guess is over $2,000,000. Anyone else?
You're kidding, right? The Godfather book alone sold 21 million copies. Then the film itself grossed $150m worldwide, with two sequels selling out theatres for months on end. He also made 10 movies, and two multi-million selling mini-series (The Last Don, 1 & 2). Hahaha.

Allie, you crack me up .

N.B. If you would like to nitpick at this sketchy synopsis of Puzo's estate, you can go here. [/b][/quote]Better check your thoughts...He sold the rights to the book for some tiny sum of money...and you know you do spend your money to live each year.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: How much do you think Puzo was worth? - 02/25/02 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CamillusDon:
[quote]Originally posted by Rusty:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Alessandro:
[qb]My guess is over $2,000,000. Anyone else?
You're kidding, right? The Godfather book alone sold 21 million copies. Then the film itself grossed $150m worldwide, with two sequels selling out theatres for months on end. He also made 10 movies, and two multi-million selling mini-series (The Last Don, 1 & 2). Hahaha.

Allie, you crack me up .

N.B. If you would like to nitpick at this sketchy synopsis of Puzo's estate, you can go here. [/b][/quote]Better check your thoughts...He sold the rights to the book for some tiny sum of money...and you know you do spend your money to live each year. The studio makes the money on the films and he must of gotten some good bucks in the later years as his name became known for writin the story which did become a blockbuster.
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: How much do you think Puzo was worth? - 02/26/02 02:44 AM

It'd be WORTH 150 mil to bring him back!

I assumer he was worth a couple mil PER Movie.

With gross percentages, of course.
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: How much do you think Puzo was worth? - 02/27/02 03:24 PM

I read somewhere that when he was asked why he decided to go ahead with Godfather III he said because he needed the money. I know he lived relatively modestly in Bayshore, NY. I'm not trying to imply that he was broke, but he missed out on the authors cash flow machines for the likes of Crichton, Grisham, Clancy, Cornwell, and Mary Higgins Clark.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: How much do you think Puzo was worth? - 02/27/02 05:55 PM

Don Marco - I'm not sure about Puzo but I know FFC definately did a GFIII for money.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET