Home

Sicilian as good as Godfather?

Posted By: Candarelli

Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 12/10/01 12:27 PM

I am in the middle of Godfather right now, honestly, its so excellent, do Puzo's other works even touch it?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 12/10/01 01:20 PM

The Sicilian is my favourite book ever. The only rivals in my mind to it is The Godfather and Hannibal.

A fair few other Puzo books whilst not as masterfull as The Godfather and The Sicilian are still awesome peices of work.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 12/11/01 07:52 PM

In a word: No. IMHOP: Nothing Puzo wrote before or after "The Godfather" comes close to it.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 12/12/01 04:29 PM

I saw a DVD for The Sicilian in the store the other day in the discount rack. Any of you seen it? Is it worth picking up?
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 12/12/01 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
I saw a DVD for The Sicilian in the store the other day in the discount rack. Any of you seen it? Is it worth picking up?

Only if they are giving you money to keep it.
Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 02/07/02 05:17 AM

No book can match he brilliance of The Godfather. It's unheard of!
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 02/07/02 09:14 PM

well to answer a question, the sicilian (the movie) completely sucks ass, the book makes it look like someone put their ass infront of the screen and tried to make some money. I really hated it. But the book is great, i like godfather better though
Posted By: Liz_85

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 02/08/02 07:07 AM

I just started reading The Sicilian last week, but I keep getting interrupted with school work, they've got me reading The Importance of Being Ernest so I had to stop with The Sicilian. But what I've read of The Sicilian so far, I'm about half way, I really like.
As for Mario Puzo's other novels, I love all his books and ones like The Fortunate Pilgrim and Fools Die are just as good as the Godfather, in my opinion.
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 04/28/02 06:35 PM

i think all Puzo novels are great but nothing touches The Godfather it's just impossible to have it happen. It's a shame he had to die if i could i would have traded FFC life over his(God forgive me for saying such thing oh well).
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 04/28/02 11:21 PM

Nothing effected the public like the Goldfather
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 04/29/02 07:27 PM

the Godfather is his best work by far.
Posted By: Captain Howdy

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 07/26/02 02:41 PM

I have to disagree.

Yup, imho, the film version of The Sicilian sucked gazelle poop, and didnt do it any justice at all. It was pretty awful.

But the novel version slays The Godfather novel.
It is just leagues better than The Godfather imo.
No contest.
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 08/05/02 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guineapig:
i think all Puzo novels are great but nothing touches The Godfather it's just impossible to have it happen. It's a shame he had to die if i could i would have traded FFC life over his(God forgive me for saying such thing oh well).
Our hearts and perhaps our minds are with you

the question was Is Sicilian as good as Godfather.

Godfather is CLassic 5 Stars, Sicilian is 4 3/4, it's a CLASSIC, MUST-Read, also Last Don is GREAT!

Omerta is great.

I'm going to read The Family next, it looks AWESOME!

I glanced through in Library, it remind sme of Romeo and Juliet! SHakespeare!
Posted By: Cicci

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 08/22/02 03:42 AM

I just read The Sicilian, and I loved it.

I´m a Godfather nut, but I couldnt read the novel twice...

What I liked the most about The Sicilian is that Puzo really puts you inside the head of, well, Sicilians. You understand and appreciate how the think, and how they understand...

You get an appreciation of all the unspoken language of a true Sicilian.

Read it.
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 08/22/02 03:30 PM

I'm reading The Sicilian next. I'm 2/3 through The Last Don and really enjoying it. (Thats why I havent been around as much as I like)after that it's onto Omerta
I'll post what I think when I've finally read them all

FH
Posted By: Lemans

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 09/09/02 04:41 PM

I've read The Last Don, Omerta, The Fourth K and The Sicilian. The Sicilian was my favorite by far. I would rank this thus:

The Sicilian
The Last Don
Omerta
The Fourth K

Oddly enough, I haven't read The Godfather. I'm hesitant, because I was drawn to Puzo by the first 2 Godfather movies, and it doesn't seem worth it, since the movies were so good.

Is this delusional thinking?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 09/10/02 12:20 AM

Lemans, yes it is very much worth it. Not only is it a great book and goes into much more than the film. But it'll make you appreciate the films much, much more. I hope you pick the book up sometime and give us your own views.
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 09/10/02 12:29 AM

i finished the book today and its aewsome, but my next choice im sure will be the sicilian.

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 09/11/02 06:55 PM

Thanks, Guiliano. Believe it or not, my local library does not have The Godfather! I'm going to try it and King of the Mountain.

I always appreciate a good referral and you've given me two. Thanks.

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 10/22/02 10:14 PM

I've read The Godfather now and I still prefer The Sicilian, but they're both so strong it almost moot. I've also read King of the Mountain.
Posted By: The Chosen 1

Re: Sicilian as good as Godfather? - 10/31/02 12:52 PM

In my opinion "The Sicilian" is better than "The Godfather." The book has more emotions and Turi is just a great character...

...maybe I feel like this because I've seen the movie of "The Godfather" before I've read the book, so it wasn't that exciting any more, but I still loved it!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET