Home

Someone Should remake the sicilian

Posted By: the angel of justice

Someone Should remake the sicilian - 09/09/01 09:00 PM

I know this topic may have been covered before but i recently purchased 'The Outsiders' by FFC on DVD, and it was dedicated to the students at some school or other who begged to have the book made into a movie. Do you guys (this goes out to all the sicilian fans out there, especially you turi) do you think that they(someone, anyone) could be persuaded to remake the sicilian?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Someone Should remake the sicilian - 09/09/01 11:04 PM

Definately I think it could work. But it would need a sterling cast and director for it to do so.

It needs a director different from the rest who has his own techniques. Once Upon a Time in America had excellent direction. Who directed that?

But for it to work also it would have to be at least 2 1/2 hours long for it to follow the book as close as possible. That was the problem with the Lambert film, it diverted from the book too much.
Posted By: SC

Re: Someone Should remake the sicilian - 09/09/01 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
It needs a director different from the rest who has his own techniques. Once Upon a Time in America had excellent direction. Who directed that?

That was directed by Sergio Leone, the same guy who directed all the early "spaghetti westerns" (ie. "For a Few Dollars More", "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" and "A Fistful of Dollars") that starred Clint Eastwood.

Unfortunately, Leone died a few years ago.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Someone Should remake the sicilian - 09/10/01 12:21 AM

Ah yes that was the guy. Those Spagetti westerns he did were great. Its a pity he's passed away.

Back to the drawing board. :rolleyes:
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Someone Should remake the sicilian - 09/10/01 01:35 AM

Yes remaking the movie will shine opon us a light that can make the movie better.
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: Someone Should remake the sicilian - 09/15/01 04:03 AM

I think someone like Martin Scorsese should be the director. He's the man!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET