Home

The Least Don?

Posted By: MobbingForMoney

The Least Don? - 09/02/01 08:26 PM

What is Mario Puzo's worst or in other words ,least famous novel?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Least Don? - 09/02/01 08:33 PM

I dont know if any of his books suck, I didn't read them all. But people here tend to stick to the sicilian, godfather,last don and omerta when they're talking about Puzo books. Not that many people mention fools die, the fortunate pilgrim or the dark arena.
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: The Least Don? - 09/02/01 11:47 PM

Of all of them I've read, I liked Omerta the least. It was good, but I dind't like it as much as the other ones.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Least Don? - 09/05/01 06:10 PM

The Fortunate Pilgrim is a worthy read from what I can tell (I had started it a while back, but had to move on to something else). It's based on Mario's mother, which should prove to be autobiographical. And a book with a powerful woman would definitely be interesting - it's on my list.

JG
Posted By: Wiseguy

Re: The Least Don? - 09/05/01 06:42 PM

Yes, The Fortunate Pilgrim is definetley worth a read. I've read it about three times now, and it's never got boring.
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: The Least Don? - 09/06/01 01:16 AM

I began to read the Dark Arena but got bored quite quickly and so i stopped reading it.
Posted By: Joey T

Re: The Least Don? - 09/08/01 06:03 PM

I've read Dark Arena and Fortunate Pilgrim. I will admit, neither grabbed me and pulled me on as Omerta, Godfather, or Fools Die did. Yet, Fortunate Pilgrim is more the aftermath. You read it, and through you feel something, and when you finish, you get a sense of the characters, the people, and relate yourself and others to them. For this reason, for the detail, I enjoyed it. Dark Arena, I really wanted to enjoy, and parts I did, yet, the end is anticlimatic and the tale never gets to where its going. No Puzo tell is bad, but I would rate Dark Arena below the rest. Fortunate Pilgrim is a good book, just not for the usual target audience.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET