Home

The Godfather Legacy Book

Posted By: sonny's girl

The Godfather Legacy Book - 09/02/01 02:19 AM

Ok so what is this book suppose to mean anyway? What is it about?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 09/02/01 01:30 PM

Its great it goes into alot of behind the scenes stuff and is very worthy of every Godfather fan to read. It's got plenty of pics and great information inside it. For a better synopsis and some reviews go to Amazon.com and search for it.

The auther is Harlan Lebo.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 09/02/01 09:36 PM

I never heard of Harlen Lebo but the Legacy sounds interesting, I saw a poster for it, either that or "the godfather: A look inside". Either way I ordered it yesterday :>
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 10/15/01 09:15 PM

It's a must for any fan! 283 pgs., has behind the scenes $hit from the three movies and enuff pics. Goes for $20.00 (Can.)/$15.00 (U.S). I remember I got it a long time ago at a book fair or some $hit for like 5 bucks!
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 10/15/01 09:19 PM

Wow,a month old post being brought back to life. We shall never let posts die!!!

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: MobbingForMoney ]
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 10/16/01 05:11 PM

The book is great. I got it at Barnes and Noble for $13.00. There's a picture of Marlon Brando rehearsing the "see how they massacred my son" scene while he's eating his lunch. There's a good picture of the Corleone compound with the fake stone walls. If you're ever in New York City you can see the house. It's on Longfellow Drive on Staten Island. It's pretty close to the house that Paul Castellano lived in.

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Don Marco ]

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Don Marco ]
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 10/16/01 05:38 PM

Harlan Lebo did a great service with his book and its detailed analysis of the first Godfather film. What hurts is that the subsequent films are given only a cursory treatment, leaving fans of GFII (and GFIII) jonesin' for more. Thirsty for Godfatheriana.
Posted By: SC

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 10/16/01 08:59 PM

I'd highly recommend the book to any "Godfather" fans.

Posted By: Don Noledge

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 10/17/01 12:24 AM

Yeah, its a great book. Along with The Godfather By Mario Puzo and The Godfather Book by Peter Cowie, its virtually the only book i've properly read...

(Well apart from 'Sam Pig goes to the seaside'... Talk about judging a book by its cover! I mean, it took me a whole bloody year! Well, I was only in Class 5 at the time...)

...Back to the book, its a great read, with loads of behind the scnenes photo's etc, but doesn't go into much deatil on GF2 and GF3, as it mainly concentrates on the production of GF1...

noledge
Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 02/24/02 11:54 PM

I can't seem to get my hands on a copy of the Legacy. But don't worry, I will!
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 02/25/02 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
I'd [b] highly recommend the book to any "Godfather" fans.

[/b]
I listened, I bought, I read and then I enjoyed! Buy it so you can too!
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 02/27/02 02:24 PM

Awesome pictures, Deleted AND cut scenes. Angelo Coppola, Young Hyman Rothstein, Appolonia in bed, 3 pics of Original Fabrizzio death in Pizza parlor. The Corleone Family Tree from Senate Hearing. Janie Woltz's pony. Tom Hagen and Jack Woltz on the Ocean. It's an AWESOME book. tells Mafia insiders at the movie's filming, death of Joe Colombo, and tons of other info.

AWESOME book! DeNiro becomes Paulie. Caan becomes Mike. Hackman becomes Brando. Pacino becomes Puzo's favorite. AWESOME insider information.
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: The Godfather Legacy Book - 02/27/02 03:09 PM

I love the picture of Marlon Brando rehearsing his lines at the funeral home. He is holding his lunch of spicy squid out of view while telling Bonasera "see how they massacred my boy". The pictures of Sonny after the assassination scene with the blood everywhere is great. It's like a reference book for Godfather fans.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET