Home

Breaking of the wedding peace?

Posted By: Jimmy The Gent

Breaking of the wedding peace? - 08/22/01 10:10 PM

What's up with the whole pippi-wedding-hit? Isn't a wedding supposed to sacred to the sicilians?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Breaking of the wedding peace? - 08/22/01 10:19 PM

You're dead right about that. But keep in mind they're very ruthless people, even Michael Corleone admits this to Kay in Part III, and if they wanted to hit a rival at a wedding, they would. I think by watching the films you get the idea, they pull out all the stops (especially Michael in part II) to get what they want. This is the Cosa Nostra.
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Breaking of the wedding peace? - 08/22/01 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy The Gent:
What's up with the whole pippi-wedding-hit? Isn't a wedding supposed to sacred to the sicilians?

What exactly are you talking about? Is that The Last Don's Pippi-De-Lena that you're mentioning?

If it is, you have to also consider that Sicilians are treacherous in nature. Weddings may be sacred, but the Sicilians worship the Virgin Mary, instead of Jesus, because they consider men too treacherous (according to the Omerta novel).

If you're not talking about The Last Don, then I don't have an answer.
Posted By: Jimmy The Gent

Re: Breaking of the wedding peace? - 08/22/01 11:22 PM

It was DeLana I was thinking of. Gotta get a hold of that Omerta book!
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Breaking of the wedding peace? - 08/22/01 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy The Gent:
It was DeLana I was thinking of. Gotta get a hold of that Omerta book!

Actually, it was a character in the Omerta novel who claimed that the reason behind the Sicilians not worshiping Jesus was because he's a man and they didn't trust other men that much (as they are/were treacherous). The book doesn't proove that, it only claims that.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Breaking of the wedding peace? - 08/22/01 11:50 PM

I'm actually partial to Omerta over the Sicilian. I like it very much, even though people didnt give it as good reviews as the previous ones (GF excluded), I think its one of his best works ever.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Breaking of the wedding peace? - 08/23/01 12:46 AM

I love both the Sicilian and Omerta. I'm hoping for the day (if it happens) that Omerta will be turned into a movie. If its dealt with properly it could be a really good film. Also if the right people were chosen for the parts. I'm sure I posted something similar to this in another thread. Something about who could play who?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET