Home

What's another book that you would recommend?

Posted By: sonny's girl

What's another book that you would recommend? - 07/23/01 05:49 PM

I'm looking for more Mario Puzo's books besides the Godfather. Which is the best one to read next?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 07/23/01 11:04 PM

I have to suggest The Omerta and The Sicilian, truly excellent reads, well worth your time.

We're not gonna argue about this are we? Just messing. But anyway read those books. The Sicilian is my all time favourite. Mario Puzo in his prime
Posted By: Sonny

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 07/24/01 12:25 AM

Check THE LAST DON as well.
Posted By: Devin

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 07/28/01 09:19 PM

I would suggest Omerta. I have also read the Sicilian and was not that impressed.

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 07/29/01 11:12 PM

AAAarghhh thats enough to make me cry Devin, blasphomy on The Sicilian. Ah well we're all allowed our opinions I suppose. To me that was the best book ever written and improves on every read.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 07/30/01 02:06 PM

The Last Don was excellent. Just don't watch the movie!
Posted By: Devin

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 07/30/01 09:45 PM

I apologive for my previous reply and comment on the Sicilian. I wrote that remark with two chapters left to read in the book. Those were the best chapters of the entire book. So Turi you were right, that book was good. The last two chapters at least. I feel that those were the most thought provoking.

Although Turi Guilanno was the main character of the book Aspanu was my favorite because he saw that his friend was getting all the spotlight and he was getting jack. The book implies that Turi is the smartest ,but I see it different. Aspanu was the smartest because he realized that if he didn't do something very big that he would be forgotten. Although I still believe in death before dishonor I see where Aspanu was coming from.

"Thats just my opion I could be wrong"
Dennis Miller

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 07/31/01 02:07 PM

You never needed to apolagise Devin, everyones entitled to there own opinion. It was just wird coming across someone who wasn't impressed with The Sicilian' thats all.

Yep you can't beat the ending. Very smart that Pisciotta.
Posted By: Joey T

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 08/03/01 04:05 PM

Why is it nobody mentions The Fourth K? Am I in a class of my own for truly enjoying this book. Its one of my Puzo favorites. While some of Puzo's books had high points and low points, Fourth K keeps you reading all the way. Its not really his genra, but he made it work, and I'd love to see that made into a movie. Brando would be perfect as the Oracle.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 08/21/01 06:46 PM

"The Family" is coming out in October.
Posted By: Big Paz

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 09/02/01 09:30 PM

i've also read The Fourth K, and agree its a fantastic book to read and recommend it to everyone. even out of his genre, it truely reflects Puzo's ability to keep the reader on the "edge of their seats".
i too would like to see a film made, and agree that Brando would be perfect for the role of the Oracle, especially now with his new build!! (hope i dont offend anyone with that last remark!!)
Whilst reading the book i always imagined the Oracle as Brando, although more in the form of Don Corleone!!

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 09/02/01 09:37 PM

I havent read "Fools Die" "The Fortunate Pilgrim" or "The Dark Arena", but I recommend you read those, assuming they're still in the Godfather theme. I'm not sure though
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 09/02/01 09:43 PM

No need to feel sorry,we all know Brando is pretty big,unless some people think hes skinny.

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 09/02/01 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Paz:
i've also read The Fourth K, and agree its a fantastic book to read and recommend it to everyone. even out of his genre, it truely reflects Puzo's ability to keep the reader on the "edge of their seats".
i too would like to see a film made, and agree that Brando would be perfect for the role of the Oracle, especially now with his new build!! (hope i dont offend anyone with that last remark!!)
Whilst reading the book i always imagined the Oracle as Brando, although more in the form of Don Corleone!!

LOL the oracle. That's funny, but Brando has been large for over twenty five years now.

I find he did his part in "The Score" pretty well, he plays a good homosexual fat man.

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: Joey Montana ]
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 09/03/01 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
The Last Don was excellent. Just don't watch the movie!

hey! What's wrong with the movie?
Posted By: SammyTheGroin

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 09/04/01 03:15 PM

The Sicilian is good. I reccomend that.

"The" Groin
Posted By: Mal

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 09/08/01 05:16 AM

The Sicilian is pretty good. I'm in the middle of reading The Last Don. I've seen the movie and I want to see how it compares to the book. The Fourth K is the next book I'm reading.

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: Mal ]
Posted By: Antonio Mancini

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 10/01/01 08:28 PM

and what about fools die and the Fortunate Pilgrim??=?? are they good books?

i've read The GodFather, The Sicilian, Omerta, The Last Don, Ther Dark Arena and the Fourth K and i think they're excellent book, but the dark arena is kind of slow.

well i want to know about the other books, thank you.

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 10/01/01 08:48 PM

What was The Fourth K, about exactly? I heard conflicting stories, but I gather that it's decently written, that much is obvious if it's Puzo work.
Posted By: Mal

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 10/02/01 06:26 PM

Go here , Joey. I started reading it sunday night and I'm halfway through the book. The consensus is right, its a tough book to put down.
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 10/02/01 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joey Montana:
I havent read "Fools Die" "The Fortunate Pilgrim" or "The Dark Arena", but I recommend you read those, assuming they're still in the Godfather theme. I'm not sure though

The Dark Arena is one of the best war books I have ever read...an interesting read.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 10/03/01 02:39 AM

I'm waiing for the family as much as I'm waiting for the DVD collection
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 10/19/01 03:24 AM

The Last Don, Omerta and if u haven't read it go to the bookstore and pick up a copy right quick: THE SICILIAN....great book, $hitty novel.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: What's another book that you would recommend? - 10/19/01 03:25 AM

did I say novel.......meant movie.....whatever....it's a good book and novel too......
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET