Home

Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers

Posted By: Mignon

Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/30/06 10:07 PM

My hubby's 80+ year old grandmother is in the hospital in Kentucky. Her kidneys are shuting down and she is on Dialysis 3x a week. Every time she has a treatment they take off 16 lbs of fluid. Both legs below the knee has very little or no circulation. She has a serious staph infection on her right leg. They are going to have a family meeting with the doc's tomorrow to see if they need to amputate her leg or not. Cuz with no circulation they are afraid that gangrene will set in. Her legs are already turning purpleish red. Me and the hubby are going to KY tomorrow to visit with her for a few days.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 12:32 AM

My condolences and my prayers are with her as well as you and your family at this difficult time.

Best Wishes,
DJ
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 12:41 AM

I will say a prayer for her tonight, Mig. Please continue to be strong for her. She needs your love and caring.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 12:53 AM

I'll say a prayer for your husband's grandmother...and for you and your family. Here's hoping everything turns out for the best.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 02:04 AM

Dear Mig, Please hang in there. I know how difficult it is to see someone you must love very much suffer with ill health. Of course we will keep her in our prayers, and you, too. God bless.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 03:19 AM

Mig, tell Col. Slade that we are all praying for his grandmother. Stay strong Mig. Col Slade and his grandma need your strong support. Give grandma my best.

Don Cardi
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 03:40 AM

Mig,

I will definitely keep her in my thoughts & prayers. It's times like this, when we feel so helpless, that just being with family can be consoling.

Take care

TIS
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 08:10 AM

I will definitely keep her (as well as you and your family) in my thoughts and prayers.

Signor V.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 01:07 PM

My prayers for your family during this difficult period.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 01:31 PM

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this time.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 01:51 PM

Hang in there Mig! I'll be praying for her and your family.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 05:16 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 05:58 PM

Mig, I wish you and your husband a safe trip and I'll be praying for her. Please let us know how she is doing whenever you could.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 05:59 PM

Mig, I hope you and your family stay well. I wish them the best!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 07/31/06 06:29 PM

Im sorry for your Gran,Hope everything goes Ok for you and your family
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/01/06 01:01 AM

Any news or updates that you'd care to share with us, Mig?
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/02/06 01:58 AM

Mig, you and your family will be in my prayers.
God be with all of you!

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/03/06 04:58 PM

UPDATE ON GRANDMA
I just got back from KY visiting with her a few minutes ago and wanted to give you and update.

First of all on behalf of my husbands family I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the well wishes and prayers. I feel so blessed to be a part of this BB family.

Mamaw as we call her came home from the hospital on the 1st. There is nothing else that can be done for her. They decided not to amputate her right leg cuz she is to weak right now and she wouldn't make it through the surgery anyways. So the doc wants to continue with the dialysis for about a month (if she can last that long)and then stop and turn her over to hospice. She is bedfast now cuz she cannot stand on her legs cuz she is in a incredible amout of pain. Mamaw is on antibio's. for the staph infection. The condition she is in she is perky and will talk to you when she is not sleeping. She sleeps most of the day now.
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/03/06 05:40 PM

Mig, I apologise for being tardy with my response, but I am glad she's home and you have my thoughts and prayers for her continued health.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/03/06 05:40 PM

Oops, apologies for double post!

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/03/06 05:58 PM

Well Miggy, at least Grandma Slade is in the comfort of home for now. It's so unfair that she has to suffer this way at this point in her life. I hope that she is made to be as comfortable as possible and that God is merciful on her in her battle right now.

I'll keep her in my prayers.

Don Cardi
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/03/06 06:21 PM

Thanks for the update Mig. Hopefully being in the comfort of her own home and with family will be helpful. I too wish the best for her.

TIS

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/03/06 07:27 PM

So sorry to hear about this latest turn, but it is best she is at home among familiar surroundings and family. I have, unfortunately, had a number of dealings with hospice, and they are a great organization....they will keep her comfortable and free of pain, and they are also wonderful with the families.

We all have to go eventually, and at least she will have the comfort of being at home and awareness that she is loved.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/03/06 07:57 PM

I am truly saddened to hear the latest report. But at least, as others have already said, she is with her family for now. That is so very important.

Signor V.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/03/06 08:48 PM

Mig,
As much as we would like our loved ones to live forever, they can't. The only thing that we can wish for them is that God gives them a merciful and painless death. Hope that she has a easy and restful time of it.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/04/06 01:08 AM

Mig

Your husband's grandmother and your family are in my thoughts & prayers. May God be with you during this difficult time.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/12/06 05:26 AM

New update:

We recieved word today that Ray's Mamaw recieved her last dialysis treatment today. The dialysis is what was keeping her alive. Now since she won't be having treatments anymore it is just a matter of days now. Please keep Mamaw and the family in your thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/12/06 07:31 AM

I'm so sorry, Mig. I said a prayer for you and your family. Take care.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/12/06 11:48 AM

My sincerest condolences Mig. May God be with your entire family in this this time of hardship.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/24/06 03:13 PM

I just recieved word that Mamaw is in a coma now and she has a 103 temp from the gangreen(SP) in her legs. They said that she is also making gurgaling noices. That is probably coming from the congestive heart failure.Hospice said it is just a matter of a couple days now or even hours. I am so glad I was able to see her this past weekend. I am going to KY tomorrow with my sis in law so she won't have to drive by herself.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/24/06 03:23 PM

I offer you my sincerest condolences, Mig. I will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers.

God bless you and your family, Mig.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/24/06 03:29 PM

She is in my thoughts and prayers, and as you can see from the outpouring here ebveryone else's. She will be blessed to be surrounded by her loved ones in her final hours.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/24/06 03:45 PM

I will pray for her, for you and your family, Mig. My thoughts are with you.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/24/06 03:58 PM

Mig,

I am praying for her, you, and your family.

A loving, caring family is a true blessing.

Signor V.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/24/06 04:35 PM

My thoughts and prayers for peace and comfort for you and yours.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/24/06 06:22 PM

So sorry to hear that, Mig, although if she's suffering, maybe it is best. The Babe family will be thinking of you. God bless.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/24/06 09:59 PM

I can simply echo what my other BB members have said, I send my condolences and blessing to your family in this time of hardship.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 12:39 AM

I'm gonna be off the BB for a few days. I just got the call from Kentucky that Mamaw passed away. Please keep Ray and his mom and the rest of the family in your prayers.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 12:42 AM

Sorry to hear of your family's loss, Mig.

Take care of yourself...I'll be thinking of you over the next few days & look forward to your return to the BB.

Apple
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 01:12 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, Miggy!
{{{{{hugs}}}}} and best wishes to your family...!

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 01:33 AM

Mig,

I am so sorry to hear this. But, she is beyond all pain and suffering now.

You are all in my thoughts.

Signor V.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 01:41 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this Mig. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
I'm gonna be off the BB for a few days. I just got the call from Kentucky that Mamaw passed away. Please keep Ray and his mom and the rest of the family in your prayers.
Mig, I am so sorry to hear this news. Please keep in mind that Grandma Slade is no longer suffering and is in a much better place now, without any pain.

Please give my sincerest condolences to Col. Slade.

Don Cardi
Posted By: SC

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 07:37 AM

{{{Mig}}}

Lori joins me in sending you and Ray our sympathies. We're both very sorry to hear of your loss.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 08:48 AM

Mig, my sincere condolences. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go with you.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 03:09 PM

I'm sorry, Mig. I hope the warm memories of her that you and your family have will replace your grief in the days to come.

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 03:30 PM

I'm so very sorry, Mig. There's nothing in the world worse than losing someone you love.

Please take comfort in knowing that she is in the arms of the greatest caretaker there is. She's in good hands.

I will continue to pray for you and your husband, as well as the rest of your family during this difficult time.

I think I speak for everybody when I say we're all here for you.

God bless you and yours, and may your husband's grandmother rest in peace.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/25/06 03:34 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss,take care and look after yourself and your family
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: Please keep my hubby's grandma in your thoughts and prayers - 08/26/06 02:05 AM

Mig:
My prayers are with you & your family!

God Bless!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET