Home

If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead...

Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 04:31 AM

...who would it be?

For me, it's either Kurt Cobain or Jim Morrison. Can't decide between the 2.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 05:04 AM

In all seriousness...God.

Also interesting would be:
- My grandparents on my dad's side
- Many ballplayers (Ruth, Aaron, Gehrig, Jackie Robinson, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Willy...)
- Brando, Pacino, and De Niro
- Ray Charles
- John Belushi

I'm sure others will list even more that I could add to my list.

I know I'm being greedy.

Good idea for a thread, DVC.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 05:34 AM

Jesus. I'd want to hear about his magic tricks and see if he can comprehend his lasting impact.

Others:
John Lennon
Bob Dylan
Hunter S. Thompson
Warren Zevon
David Letterman
Jimmy Buffett
Neil Young
Mark Twain
Enerst Hemingway
General Robert E. Lee
Adolf Hitler (translator needed)
Robert Frost
Shakespeare
Napoleon
Victor Hugo
Bogart
Belushi

The Doc
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 05:34 AM

Well for me it would be to many people to name just one, so I'll name several with whom I'd like to have a conversation.

Robert E Lee
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
John Wilkes Booth
Nathan Bedford Forrest
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin
Vlad the Impaler
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 06:21 AM

Martin Scorsese
Posted By: svsg

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 07:43 AM

Francis Ford Copolla

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 07:56 AM

Well I don't know if the man will sit down with you if you can't spell his name right my man.
Posted By: bogey

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 08:18 AM

You're a regular living Spell Checker, you know that?

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 08:46 AM

Yea I don't know, I just feel like always having things spelled right adds a certain sense of authority to your opinions.

I don't mean to be an asshole about it, I just found it ironic.
Posted By: SC

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 09:51 AM

"If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... ... who would it be"?

My dad. He died 3½ years ago and I miss him.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 10:54 AM

I'm not much of a conversationalist. I have far too short a memory span. After a few minutes I'll start chasing trees or cars.

But...

I would love to be stranded anywhere in the wilderness with Ray Mears. The guy's a genuis. He could survive on Mercury with only sun glasses and a small bottle of water.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 12:37 PM

Sara, Sara;
Sweet virgin angel, sweet love of my life.
Posted By: Don Alessandrio

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 12:45 PM

Michael Jackson
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 01:21 PM

My father-in-law died when my husband was only 16. I know that he misses him so very much. I would love to meet him, tell him about his grandkids, let him see how wonderfully his son turned out, and so on. Then, I'd summon my father down from heaven and we could all have a chat.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 01:57 PM

That's kind of hard because I have many relatives who are now deceased that I'd love to talk to again. I guess I'd like to talk to either of my grandfathers, since they were deceased when I was born and I never knew what it was like to have a grandfather.

Also, a friend who was in my wedding party, who simply collasped and died at age 24, with the doctors stating the cause of death as "unknown". He'll always be the young kid in my mind. I still think of him from time to time.

TIS
Posted By: Beth E

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 02:06 PM

Nicole Brown Simpson. So she could tell me who killed her.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 02:09 PM

My grandmother died when I was six. She was my mother those first 6 years...and 15 years after her death...I still miss her a great deal.

I'd like to sit down with her as the person I am now. I'd like to know what she thinks of me.

Plus...I'd keep her around long enough to put my real mother in her place.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 02:10 PM

Jesus and Judas
Washington and Jefferson
Rasputin and Czar Nicholas
Kennedy and Nixon
Oscar Wilde
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 02:44 PM

Jesus, Buddha, Shakespeare, George Patton, John Lennon, Gandhi, Martin Luther King.
Posted By: Don Alessandrio

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
Nicole Brown Simpson. So she could tell me who killed her.
It was the Juice
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 04:27 PM

John Lennon
Robert De Niro
Marilyn Monroe
Bob Marley
Winston Churchill
Posted By: hova4ever9

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 06:55 PM

My grandfather
Jesus
Lucky Luciano
Carlo Gambino
Ted Williams
Babe Ruth
Joe Dimaggio
Jay-z
Jimmy Burke
Carlo Gambino
Posted By: Hensei

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 08:04 PM

Al Capone, Johny Torrio, Lucky Luciano, hitler, saddam hussain, bin laden, notorious B.I.G, T.I, Busta Rhymes, All dead relatives, Amerie, Rhiana greddy but so was everyone else!lol
Posted By: Double-J

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hensei:
bin laden
Why?
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Hensei:
[b]bin laden
Why? [/b][/quote]That would be very, very interesting. Only to hear how very narrow-minded he thinks.

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 09:13 PM

My answer: Jesus, Boeddha, Mohammed, Gandhi, Che, grandpa

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Hensei:
[b]bin laden
Why? [/b][/quote]Why not?
Posted By: Scarface.1

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 09:52 PM

Oscar Wilde
Stephen Fry

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Hensei:
[b]bin laden
Why? [/b][/quote]Why not? [/b][/quote]Because you only get to pick one. I don't know why Bin Laden would be the one you'd pick. Because there are so many better choices, that's why not.

I hate that turn-the-tables, answer-a-question-with-a-question, rhetorical bullshit.

Nothing against you DVC.

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
[quote]Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Hensei:
bin laden
Why? [/b][/quote]Why not? [/b][/quote]Because you only get to pick one. I don't know why Bin Laden would be the one you'd pick. Because there are so many better choices, that's why not.

I hate that turn-the-tables, answer-a-question-with-a-question, rhetorical bullshit.

Nothing against you DVC.

Why are there better choices?
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 10:47 PM

Just for the sake of irony...

Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/29/06 11:18 PM

John Belushi
Johnny Cash
Adolf Hitler
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 01:45 AM

J Geoff Malta

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
J Geoff Malta
Suckup. :p
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 03:17 AM

Jesus
Johnny & June Carter Cash
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 03:43 AM

Any questions

It's 11:45, I'm still at work, been up since 5 am, won't be going to sleep tonight and will be up til 11 or 12 tomorrow, give me a break I need something to keep me up or ugh awake

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:

I need something to keep me up
Don't think you'll have to worry about keeping it up. :p

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 04:13 AM

Quote:
Any questions
I have a question:

Why do you have a fetish for women who look like men?

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 04:17 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b]Any questions
I have a question:

Why do you have a fetish for women who look like men? [/b][/quote]Yeah she doesn't look like a man......

I'll save you the time of typing the response of "Yeah she does......"

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 04:18 AM

Quote:
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

-Dr. Suess
I have a question:

Who the fuck is Dr. Suess? :p

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 04:28 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b]Any questions
I have a question:

Why do you have a fetish for women who look like men? [/b][/quote]Yeah she doesn't look like a man......

I'll save you the time of typing the response of "Yeah she does......" [/b][/quote]She is absolutely hideous.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 12:41 PM

DMC - Athough your choice was predictable, I thought you'd pick someone a bit more realistic, a bit more tangible, someone that you could establish a true bond with. I am shocked and disappointed in the shallowness of your answer. Sorry, DMC, but you're out... :p

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 03:10 PM

Quite a few of you are saying Jesus. Now I actually met the guy and he's rather boring. Nice fella though but definitely not the life of a party.

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Quite a few of you are saying Jesus. Now I actually met the guy and he's rather boring. Nice fella though but definitely not the life of a party.
Yea...I find that hard to believe. This dude can turn water into wine...and rocks into bread.

So...the alcohol will never run dry...AND he can alleviate the midnight munchies.

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 04:21 PM

Obviously Jesus was gay as well, which means you wouldn't have to worry about him cockblocking either...

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Yea...I find that hard to believe. This dude can turn water into wine...and rocks into bread.

So...the alcohol will never run dry...AND he can alleviate the midnight munchies.
Oh yeah he CAN DO but rarely does. I swear when I met him he only wanted to braid his hair.

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 04:28 PM

I'd like to meet Criss Angel. I saw him turn water into beer.

Plus he can walk on water...like that OTHER guy.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 06:09 PM

Quote:
Obviously Jesus was gay as well, which means you wouldn't have to worry about him cockblocking either...
Some people can really screw up the mose innocent of threads.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 10:38 PM

I would love to talk to Bill Clinton and ask him why he is such a Dick.

DS
Posted By: bogey

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
Some people can really screw up the mose innocent of threads.
It's his thread anyway.

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
I would love to talk to Bill Clinton and ask him why he is such a Dick.
I'd ask the same thing to Cheney.
Posted By: Snake

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 11:03 PM

Thankfully, I'll get a face-to-face with Jesus for all eternity. I think I'd like to talk with Adolph Hitler. No, not that I idolize the piece of crap. I'm just curious as to whether he was truly "mad" (in the mental health sense) or just plain evil. I tend to believe the latter, but I'd still like to interview the zygote...Just to slap him around a bit if nothin' else.
Posted By: Snake

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 06/30/06 11:05 PM

Quote:

Any questions

It's 11:45, I'm still at work, been up since 5 am, won't be going to sleep tonight and will be up til 11 or 12 tomorrow, give me a break I need something to keep me up or ugh awake
What would you ask: Implants or au naturale?

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 07/01/06 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
DMC - Athough your choice was predictable, I thought you'd pick someone a bit more realistic, a bit more tangible, someone that you could establish a true bond with. I am shocked and disappointed in the shallowness of your answer. Sorry, DMC, but you're out... :p
Im finally home and am about to go to sleep (Ive been up working with no sleep for the past 42 hours) but I wanted to defend my choice I honestly thought the subject was if you could have dinner with one person dead or alive, so I thought it was like if you could go on a date with someone. I don't think me and Trish would hit it off on the conversational level, not to mention the fact that she wouldn't be able to keep her eyes or hands off of me and hey, who can blame her?

My answers for conversation would be Ronald Reagan or Hitler, maybe some others but I have to get to sleep now

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 07/01/06 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b]

Any questions

What would you ask: Implants or au naturale? [/b][/quote]"Oh, they're plastic.

And they're spectacular."

Posted By: don illuminati

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 07/07/06 06:04 AM

Living-Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Dead-Robert E Lee
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 01/16/07 01:24 AM

Bumper

John Lennon
George Best
Bob marley
Judas
Alex Ferguson
Pele
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 01/19/07 04:03 AM

Dead:
Abraham Lincoln
Helen Keller
Jackie Onassis

Living:
Bill Clinton - JUST to see if he comes across as shallow in person as he always has on television.

Apple
Posted By: hova4ever9

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 01/19/07 04:36 AM

Charles Luciano
Bob Dylan
Martin Scorsese
Frank Sinatra
John Lennon
Posted By: olivant

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 01/19/07 05:15 AM

It would have to be Jesus.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 01/19/07 05:36 AM

I agree with olivant, my vote would go for Jesus

Honorable mentions

-Michael Jordan
-Bret 'The Hitman' Hart
-Shawn Michaels
-Vince McMahon
-Hulk Hogan
-Martin Scorsese
-Quentin Tarantino
-George Steinbrenner
-Derek Jeter
-Mariano Rivera
-The Beatles (yes all 4 of them)
-Nicole Kidman
-Naomi Watts
-Jennifer Connelly
-Kristin Davis
-Bridget Moynahan
-Famke Janssen
-Michelle Pfeiffer
-Elizabeth Hurley
-Joan Severance
-Cindy Crawford
-Denise Richards
-Jennifer Love Hewitt
-Neve Campbell
-Eliza Duskhu
-Keira Knightley
-Hilary Duff
-Natalie Portman
-Anne Hathaway
-Emmy Rossum
-Michelle Trachtenberg
-Jordana Brewster
-Lacey Chabert
-Trish Stratus
-Stacy Keibler
-Miss Elizabeth
-Stephanie McMahon
-Maria Menounos
-Robert De Niro
-Al Pacino
-Adam Sandler
-Bruce Willis
-Willem Dafoe
-Samuel L. Jackson
-Denzel Washington
-David Carradine
-Angelina Jolie
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: If you could sit down and have a conversation with anybody, alive or dead... - 01/19/07 01:37 PM

I think the most frightening, insightful, rewarding encounter anybody could have is with themselves. I am far more interested in myself than I am other people; the only reason I find others interesting is because I see myself in them.

I think meeting myself, as myself, would be of great benefit to me. Anybody else would be a disappointment; imagine finding out your heroes are human. But imagine coming to terms with your own mortality; that would be amazing.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET