Home

Lightning strike kills motorcyclist

Posted By: XDCX

Lightning strike kills motorcyclist - 06/23/06 02:24 AM

From MSNBC.com

Quote:
Man was travelling during rush hour between Denver and Boulder

WESTMINSTER, Colorado - A motorcyclist died after apparently being struck by lightning while riding in rush hour traffic on a highway between Denver and Boulder, police said.

Witnesses reported seeing a flash of light shortly before the motorcyclist struck the highway's center concrete divider, Westminster police spokesman Tim Read said in a statement.

The man, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene Wednesday. His motorcycle came to rest about 150 meters from where lightning blasted an 18-by-8-inch crater 4 inches deep that blew chunks of asphalt across the highway and slightly damaged other vehicles.

The man was wearing a helmet.

The highway, U.S. 36, was closed for about two hours as police investigated.
Nevermind the fact that this is a dreadfully tragic event...but C'MON! What are the odds?!
Posted By: SC

Re: Lightning strike kills motorcyclist - 06/23/06 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Nevermind the fact that this is a dreadfully tragic event...but C'MON! What are the odds?!
Considering the number of times lightning strikes the odds are probably not as long as many think.

Its ALMOST comical that the article points out the rider was wearing a helmut.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Lightning strike kills motorcyclist - 06/23/06 02:45 AM

Shit happens, unfortunatley.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Lightning strike kills motorcyclist - 06/23/06 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Shit happens, unfortunatley.
Andrew, I've noticed a different perspective form you lately. Got something you wanna talk about, man?

Tell The Dude. He wants to help. Dude, El Duderino, His Dudeness, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I often talk to The Dude.

The Doc
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Lightning strike kills motorcyclist - 06/23/06 08:09 AM

I hate the fragility of life and the randomness of death.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Lightning strike kills motorcyclist - 06/23/06 12:52 PM

Well, we all know it wasn't Ben Roethlisberger - this guy was wearing a helmet! :p
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET