Home

Black Label Society

Posted By: Don Vercetti

Black Label Society - 06/15/06 05:21 AM

Are there any fans here? In today's world where Heavy Metal is at an all time low, Black Label Society is definitely the shining star. One of the greatest bands around today, not to mention Wylde is an excellent guitarist. I also love that he isn't afraid to do ballads, since he also plays the piano.

Favorite songs.

Just Killing Time
Bleed For Me
Bridge to Cross
Sold My Soul
Too Numb to Cry
Life, Birth, Blood, Doom
Graveyard Disciples
Rust
Heart of Gold (Neil Young cover)
Spoke in the Wheel
In This River
Stillborn (acoustic radio version)
Suicide Messiah
Evil Ways
Demise of Sanity
Blackened Waters
Say What You Will
Stillborn
The Blessed Hellride

Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 05:52 AM

You kids and your sex music. It's just sex, sex, sex.

I want the back seat of the GTO cleaned off, ASAP, or I'm not paying for your gas money anymore, kiddo... You have to pick your grandmother up from the doctors tommorrow, and I don't want her sitting there knowing she might get knocked up by one of your dry-swimmers, if you catch my drift. A-heh.

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 05:56 AM

What if granny is too busy doing crack as usual?
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 05:59 AM

Granny only does crack vaginally, and they removed her uterus, cevix and fallopian tubes so those kids in Beijing had enough natural resources to make hats.

They did so, and you know it.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 06:11 AM

You're kidding, right??

I LOVE Heavy Metal, but c'mon...

Zakk grew up in the next town over from me, but STILL! I bought the CD with the Godfather themed cover, and still didn't like it at all...

"One of the greatest bands around today" ???? No... *sigh* I need to teach you about Metal AND MUSIC, apparently... :p
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 06:15 AM

Uh-oh. Geoff's in his Simon mode again. :p

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 06:17 AM

Trust me Geoff, Cinderella and W.A.S.P. don't fucking count. :p

And yes Geoff, one of the greatest bands around today. And while I don't want to put BLS in a bad position here, that's not a major accomplishment considering the amazing amount of shit floating through today.

Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Black Label Society, Green Day, and Audioslave are the only bands I heavily follow today.

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Black Label Society, Green Day, and Audioslave are the only bands I heavily follow today.
NONE of those, except for BLS, are considered Metal...

Sheesh.

If you like TRUE (pure, guitar-ish) Metal, then try: Dio, Saxon, even Scorpions. If you're talking punk-metal, or thrash-metal, or whatever "metal" you're talking about, then let me know... :p

P.S. Green Day is probably one of the best bands in modern history... but don't confuse neo-punk with metal :p

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 06:28 AM

Who said those bands were Metal Geoff? I was talking about music in general. As for Metal, I can't even consider any modern metal band better then them. What, Mudvayne? Atreyu? Trivium?

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 06:33 AM

Paul Simon, Elton John, Rush, Mozart, Billy Joel, Van HALEN, Beethoven...... oh, sorry, just thought this was a "list our favorite artists thread" rather than a Metal thread... :p
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 01:15 PM

I've never understood the need to place labels on music, to categorize it. What is accomplished by doing so? It doesn't make anything more organized, so what's the point? Where do these genres begin and where do they end? Music is music to me.

"All that stuff about heavy metal and hard rock, I don't subscribe to any of that. It's all just music. I mean, the heavy metal from the Seventies sounds nothing like the stuff from the Eighties, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the Nineties. Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music?"

-Neil Young
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 01:17 PM

With that said, I enjoy Black Label Society, and the acoustic version of Stillborn is amazing.

Re: Black Label Society - 06/15/06 03:17 PM

Quote:
I've never understood the need to place labels on music, to categorize it.
Don't care. I use them. For me it's like not describing a movie as a crime or Romance or whatever strictly for art reasons, which to me is a tad too pseudo-intellectual, at least for me to do. But I'm not in the mood to further spam this thread. So far there's hardly any BLS discussion.

Quote:
Paul Simon, Elton John, Rush, Mozart, Billy Joel, Van HALEN, Beethoven...... oh, sorry, just thought this was a "list our favorite artists thread" rather than a Metal thread...
What the hell Geoff? I said BLS was one of the greatest bands today. When I listed the few bands I actually like of today you said "They're not metal." My point is BLS is one of the best bands of TODAY. As for Metal bands today, they are without a doubt the best. What does Paul Simon or Elton John have to do with anything, especially a Black Label Society thread, not just general Metal.

As for Van Halen, ok, they were great, but hardly one of the best. I'd put Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, and others above them. The best thing about Van Halen was Eddie Van Halen.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Black Label Society - 06/17/06 03:19 PM

Here's a few i like
Iron Maiden,AC/DC,Motorhead,Metallica,Megadeth,Slayer,Down,Pantera(RIP Dime),Crowbar,Whitesnake,Motley Crue,The Cult,ZZ Top,
Van Halen,Ozzy,Black Sabbath,Dio,Machine Head,Velvet Revolver,G n'R,Wasp,In Flames,Emperor,Georgia Satellites,Clutch,Superjoint Ritual,EyeHateGod,Trivium,Anthrax,BLS,Foo Fighters,Overkill,Exodus,Def Leppard,Aerosmith,Rancid,Dropkick Murphy,s,Stiff Little Fingers,Street Dogs,Ministry,Lynyrd Skynyrd plus a few others i forget.....
Going to see BLS in September and i am looking forward to it!
I quite like rock/metal to be honest
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Black Label Society - 06/18/06 11:42 PM

It'd be cool if he stopped tuning so low.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET