Home

Little To Big Chicago

Posted By: Tony Love

Little To Big Chicago - 06/08/06 04:41 AM

A few days ago, I cleared up my whereabouts. People thought I live in Chicago, whereas I live in a place the mafia knows as "Little Chicago". More information is on this post:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=010262;p=2

Anyway, I mentioned how I haven't been to Chicago for a while. A day or so after that post was posted, my folks told me that we have tickets to Wrigley Field. Love will be in Chicago next week. I will be sure and stop at the bakeries promoted by YoTonyB on this thread:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=010163#0000 10

I'm really excited this time, more than before. The last time I went to Chicago, I wasn't big into the mob as I am now. This should really be interesting. I can't wait! Finally another chance to visit a big city, these small Iowa towns get BORING.
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Little To Big Chicago - 06/08/06 05:31 AM

T-Love -- Have a safe trip!

Update on the bakeries...Casa Nostra has closed its doors. I went there Memorial Day weekend specifically to get cannoli and was surprised to find the doors locked and the store fixtures empty.

tony b.

Re: Little To Big Chicago - 06/12/06 02:53 AM

Leaving tomorrow.. Can't wait!

I'll return on Friday morning!

Go Cubs!

Re: Little To Big Chicago - 06/16/06 03:20 AM

I lied, we returned on Thursday afternoon.

It was a good trip! I love Chicago! What's depressing, though, is coming back to this hicktown after such a get away. As baseball followers and anyone who knows the Cubs know, they lost last night against the Houston Astros (that was the game I attended). At first, I was discouraged, then I realized I was watching the Cubs.

I made sure my father stopped in Little Italy, and Taylor Street. I bought three cannolis from the Ferrara bakery there, and they were damn good! I ate them on the way to Wrigley. They were not my first, my first cannoli was dessert when we enjoyed a dinner at Giordano's, and that was good pizza.

I enjoyed my trip! Looking forward to going back when I turn 21 so I can catch a show of Chicago's Rat Pack, or get some reservations at the Tommy Gun's Garage.

Maybe the next Cubs game I catch will be at the World Series. As quoted by many other fans every year, there's always next season..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET