Home

Basic TiVo question

Posted By: goombah

Basic TiVo question - 03/29/06 09:17 PM

I want to get TiVo but was unsure about one thing. I know you can either buy the thing and pay per month or buy it for a "lifetime." If I pay the lifetime fee, does that mean there is no 12-16 per month fee? Or have they done away with the one-time only fee? I know my friend had this option about 3 years ago.

I haven't been able to find the answer on TiVo's website. On their site, they say you can pay $399 for 3 years? Or are you simply saving a few bucks by pre-paying for a longer time period.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/29/06 09:36 PM

Goombah,
I'm afraid I can't help you with Tivo, but instead of Tivo, we got a DVR from our local cable company. Instead of paying for the box and having to deal with getting a phone line to the box, as I understand you have to do with Tivo, ours comes in via cable, and it's only $10 extra per month. Seemed simpler.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/29/06 09:41 PM

Ditto what SB said. We get DVR through Comcast. We are completely obsessed with it. I never watch shows when they are actually on now, just so I can fast forward through commercials.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/29/06 10:52 PM

Ladies:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hesitant only because I have DirecTv and I've heard some bad things about their DVRs.

Krela - since when do you have time to watch tv with twins anyway? I hope the little ones are doing well!
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/30/06 02:25 AM

I got my DVR through my satellite company. They GAVE me two DVR boxes and only charge me .02 cents more per month.

I looked into Tivo and in my opinion, it is not worth it or cost effective, especially when you can do it through your own cable or satellite provider.

After now having a DVR, I don't know how I lived without one for so long.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/30/06 03:28 AM

It's hard to believe that years ago, we were doing without cell phones,computers,video games etc. However did we manage??
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/30/06 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
It's hard to believe that years ago, we were doing without cell phones,computers,video games etc. However did we manage??
Just wait for what the future holds Society today wants everything NOW NOW NOW, instantanious. I wonder what it'll be like 5 or 10 years from now
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/30/06 06:20 AM

Hey Irish

That reminds me of Veruca Salt (I want it nooowww)
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/30/06 07:32 PM

Quote:
Hey Irish

That reminds me of Veruca Salt (I want it nooowww)
We laugh now but I'm telling you, a couple of years from now it'll be oh so true
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Basic TiVo question - 03/31/06 02:24 AM

Quote:
We were busy fighting the Ruskies. :p
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET