Home

Flu going around?

Posted By: Patrick

Flu going around? - 03/29/06 12:41 AM

I feel like shit.. anyone else got anything? I'm going to bed.. catch you all tomorrow.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 12:58 AM

I'm coming down with the symptoms. My girlfriend has been sick for over a week now. Hell, there's a rehabilitation center around here that has stopped accepting patients for the time being because every one there has the flu.

I've had a headache all day today, and a bit of a tummy ache. I'm bracing myself for how I'll feel tomorrow.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 01:16 AM

Yeah, I've got it too. Started last night in class, I got all achy, you know when even your skin and bones hurt? Ugh. So I left class early, and I was in bed by like 11pm. Which is unheard of for me. I woke up like 2 hours later and watched TV for a bit, then went right back to bed and didn't wake up until like 1 in the afternoon. And today I've got a horrible cough as well. Needless to say, I'm not leaving the house today. Especially in the rain!

Hope you guys get better soon! At least we're all in it together, kinda.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 02:34 AM

Aww I hope you guys get better soon. I've been spared so far Thank God. Get plenty of rest and chicken noodle soup.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 09:30 AM

It's bird flu!!!!!

You can get it for sleeping with feather pillows now.

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 04:04 PM

Ditto for me Zia. The cough hurts like hell too.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 04:34 PM

My throat is sore today.
Posted By: Mad Johnny

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 06:08 PM

Sometimes I feel like patient zero, like Typhoid Mary, the one who never gets sick but for some reason every one around me is sick...
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I feel like shit..

Maybe this is why? :p
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 09:40 PM

My throat achs, and I think I'm getting sick too.

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one.
Posted By: Don Zaluchi

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 09:45 PM

I was sick all last week and a bit of this week too. By the way, you misspelled "Hemingway" in your sig.

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Ditto for me Zia. The cough hurts like hell too.
Yeah it does... ugh.

Turi, my friend is obsessed with bird flu, to the point where it's ridiculous... she's researched it at length, knows all the symptoms and stuff. She called me yesterday and asked about all these symptoms, completely convinced that I do have the bird flu. :rolleyes: It's almost like she wanted me to have it, so that all her paranoia these past few months would be justified.

EDIT: Yay, the mail's here... helloooo Netflix! It makes being sick not seem so bad anymore. It's a great day for America, everybody.
Posted By: SC

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Turi, my friend is obsessed with bird flu, to the point where it's ridiculous... she's researched it at length, knows all the symptoms and stuff. She called me yesterday and asked about all these symptoms, completely convinced that I do have the bird flu. It's almost like she wanted me to have it, so that all her paranoia these past few months would be justified.
If I had a friend like that I'd call them back and tell them they're quack-quack full of tweet-tweet and they should go the the chirp-chirp doctor themself.

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 10:49 PM

That's not the weirdest thing she's ever been obsessed with though, that's the thing... something this "normal", I don't want to discourage it by calling her crazy.
Posted By: SC

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 10:52 PM

Well, in that case..... never mind.

Drink lots of fluids and feel better, Zia.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Flu going around? - 03/29/06 11:22 PM

Hope you all feel better. My daughter's got the sore throat, cough and cold, so I'm expecting it to make the rounds through the house.

Zia, don't you just love getting Netflix? My problem is that I don't want to send the movies back!!
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Flu going around? - 03/30/06 12:05 AM

Hope all of you guys feel better soon!

My cousin has been sick with something the past week or so, and now, all of us at school are mad at him because we're getting sick just as he's getting better - I kept accusing him of purposely trying to spread his germs.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Flu going around? - 03/30/06 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:

Turi, my friend is obsessed with bird flu...
Bird flu rocks! Not in a "urgh people are dying" kind of way but in a topical comedic way.

I started this last year: http://www.gangsterbb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=008911 and now everyone's jumping on the bandwagon with similar jokes. Bastards!

Re: Flu going around? - 04/01/06 10:51 PM

It's not going awayyyyyyyyyyyy.

Are you guys still sick too? Dammit, all week! On Thursday I told myself that I'm better, and I went to class because I sure as hell wasn't gonna miss the Laker game that night, too... So I went to both class and the game, and felt horrible all throughout. Yesterday I felt worse than I did all week, and today's not any better!! What the hell!?

My mom says I'd be getting better now if I'd rested on Thursday and not gone out. Maybe she's right. I doubt it. Well, maybe.

Re: Flu going around? - 04/01/06 10:54 PM

I went to the gym yesterday to do a little work out.. Felt pretty tired today, but I got off work at 2 and have been chillin' since. My low grade fever has been gone the last 2 days and the only thing I got left is the cough and I'm a little congested in the nose. Hopefully it's nothing a few beers can't take care of. :p
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Flu going around? - 04/01/06 11:08 PM

Is there anything some beers can't take care of? :p

Re: Flu going around? - 04/01/06 11:11 PM

I don't like beer, but a little brandy before bed goes a long way on your sinuses. Just in case though, I have some Stoli in the afternoons, too.

I haven't eaten more than like half a bowl of cereal per day though, since Monday! I want my appetite back.

Re: Flu going around? - 04/01/06 11:26 PM

We musta had something different than, Zia. I didn't lose my apetite. I had steak-ums, eggs, bacon, english muffins and everything for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I couldn't taste if very good though.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET