Home

Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth *DELETED*

Posted By: Partagas

Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth *DELETED* - 03/25/06 02:05 PM

Post deleted by Partagas
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth - 03/26/06 06:17 PM

Maggie Thatcher only slept 4 hours a night for the 11 years she was Prime Minister of the UK.

She was successfull... well, she successfully ruined the country, but still, lack of sleep obviously did not ruin her gameplan.

Having said that, she is now a demented nutcase.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth - 03/27/06 12:53 AM

I used to take Ambien. It made me sleep walk. My mom and dad would tell me that I'd crawl out into the dining room and hide under the table, and wouldn't come out until they agreed to buy me pizza or doughnuts. I have no recollection.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth - 03/27/06 04:20 AM

Are you serious?
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth - 03/27/06 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
Are you serious?
Unfortunately. I only have one recollection of it ever happening. I was lying in bed, and I told myself that I was staying in bed, and I wasn't getting up.

The weird thing is, I was conscious, but I was asleep. I remember watching my alarm clock float around my bedroom, and the posters on my walls began talking to me. Then I saw people materializing on my brother's bed, so I started screaming at his bed. I was hallucinating.

After that incident, I never took it again. I just saw a report on MSNBC or some other news station that Ambien has been linked to sleep walking, sleep cooking, and sleep driving. And I thought I was nuts!
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth - 03/27/06 10:18 AM

The weird thing is, I was conscious, but I was asleep.

I get this often, though I don't sleep walk. I get sleep paralysis.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth - 03/27/06 02:44 PM

Boy, when I was younger, I'd stay up til all hours and sleep til at least noon! Eight hours wasn't enough. :p
I miss those days.

Now, I probably get around 5 or 6 hours a night and find something appealing about the quiet early morning.

TIS
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth - 03/27/06 06:52 PM

I'm glad I never took pills. I always think that if I cannot sleep well, I didn't work hard enough.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Sleep Deprivation: The Great American Myth - 03/29/06 11:15 AM

I think sleeping is one of the nicest thing a human being can do. Unfortunately I cannot sleep as long as I would anymore. Too many things to take care of!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET